Atomic set

Thread: Atomic set

Atomic set

My GW 6900 sets while I am in bed sleeping with it on my wrist. Including last night during a hurricane.

Nice my atomics normally sync on wrist also. I live in southern Ohio. Hope you guys make it through ok!

Re: Atomic set

The atomic G-Shock watches are amazing! I sure hope you folks in the path of the storm can weather it out with out damage, Bill P.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Made it thru fine no damage. Worst part was 30 hours on limited generator power.

i was wearing my gw6900a-7 a couple nights ago, and it started to sync....I just noticed it by chance when looking at the time, and I was really impressed/excited because I didn't think the watch could sync when in motion, but to my dismay, it tried to sync for about 4-5minutes, and then stopped, and couldn't/wouldn't sync.

I think they sometimes even sync better on the wrist - maybe because this way the watch is in different positions during the night - eventually finding one that's best for a sync or maybe because the human body can work as an antenna too and amplify the signal - don't know if that effect really comes into play however as the antenna is inside the case - it does work with a normal radio however when you're touching the antenna.

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Quote Originally Posted by WillyLix View Post
    i was wearing my gw6900a-7 a couple nights ago, and it started to sync....I just noticed it by chance when looking at the time, and I was really impressed/excited because I didn't think the watch could sync when in motion, but to my dismay, it tried to sync for about 4-5minutes, and then stopped, and couldn't/wouldn't sync.
    Your watch can't tell whether or not it's in motion, so if "auto receive" is set to "on," it will TRY to synch at 12:00:00 [or 1:00:00 or whenever].

If it can't get a good signal because it's in motion, it will "fail" and then try again an hour later. Judging from my collection, and the many "GET 12:04 <today's date>" that I see every time that I check, it looks like they need to be [relatively] motionless for three to four minutes while they attempt to synch in order to update successfully.

Thread Information