Atomic Sync problem in the San Francisco Bay Area?
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Atomic Sync problem in the San Francisco Bay Area?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Atomic Sync problem in the San Francisco Bay Area?

I am having a helluva time getting my atomic G's to sync... anyone else from the SF Bay Area have the same issue?
    GW-5000-1JF
    DW-5025B (Black Bezel and Band)
    VSA Alpnach 241196

Re: Atomic Sync problem in the San Francisco Bay Area?

I think it is seasonal and the rotation of the earth during seasonal changes that affects atomic clock synchronize the most. Also, the weather, but I've had at least 1 solar atomic Casio G-Shock synchronize in any weather.
    Last edited by G-Shocks Are Cool.; September 4th, 2012 at 10:52.
    The MTG is retired and the 5600 too. Right now, the only working G-Shocks that I use and enjoy are the Riseman GW9200-1 and the GW6900-1

If I can own a Rolex Submariner I would. I know they are tough too, their homages are tough. Trust me.

G-Shock MTG930DA-8V, G-Shock GW-5600J-1. G-Shock Riseman GW9200-1, G-Shock GW6900-1

I just checked my solar atomic Casio G-Shocks. I have 3 of them. So, I have at least 3 different ways that all my watches can synchronize with the atomic clock at least once a night. Last night only 1 synchronized with the atomic clock. Tonight, only 1 synchronized with the atomic clock, but a different watch. I live on the east coast.
    banderor likes this.
    The MTG is retired and the 5600 too. Right now, the only working G-Shocks that I use and enjoy are the Riseman GW9200-1 and the GW6900-1

If I can own a Rolex Submariner I would. I know they are tough too, their homages are tough. Trust me.

G-Shock MTG930DA-8V, G-Shock GW-5600J-1. G-Shock Riseman GW9200-1, G-Shock GW6900-1

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Gugs View Post
    I am having a helluva time getting my atomic G's to sync... anyone else from the SF Bay Area have the same issue?
    Well you've heard the solution - you need to get a whole collection of atomic G Shocks so you can compare & contrast...
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Quote Originally Posted by StephenWatch View Post
    Well you've heard the solution - you need to get a whole collection of atomic G Shocks so you can compare & contrast...
    Exactly mate.

There's probably too much radio interference in the Silicon Valley... looking at my GW-5000, the last time it synced was 5/29 of this year. Amazingly, it's only 7-seconds off. =]
    GW-5000-1JF
    DW-5025B (Black Bezel and Band)
    VSA Alpnach 241196

Quote Originally Posted by Gugs View Post
    There's probably too much radio interference in the Silicon Valley... looking at my GW-5000, the last time it synced was 5/29 of this year. Amazingly, it's only 7-seconds off. =]
    Yeah, that is cool in itself. I don't know if this might work for you, but the signal any atomic watch gets is a broadcast signal on a frequency which is the same frequency on any shortwave radio, but just the non-audible side of the frequency. Sometimes, you can boost the signal by sticking a shortwave radio next to a metal object. Do you own a cast iron radiator? Stick your watch on it a few nights in a row, and see if that might work for you. Also, make sure your local time setting is on California time too.

when I was at silicon valley, I had problems too, most of my Gs synced once every two weeks or something, and it depends on what model the G is also

wear it when you go to bed

I'm in San Mateo and all 5 of mine sync everyday like clock work. But do not sync in different parts of the house.

Best thing to do is experiment every night, starting with the east facing side of your house (atomic clock is in Colorado), to figure our what is the best spot in your house to receive the signal.

My dad had the same issue with his MTG1000. For years he couldn't get it to sync, until after I gave him the same advice. He found that placing it near his downstairs window in the family room was the best spot. His watch syncs every night now.

Good luck in finding the sweet spot in your home.

I'm from East Bay too. Lately, I have to take out my Atomic G-Shocks after midnight to sync them.

Especially finicky is my GW-530A which has to be aligned 229 degrees southwest to properly sync.
    Wearing a different G-SHOCK ​everyday.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information