Atomic synchers out of synch
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Atomic synchers out of synch

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Atomic synchers out of synch

Name:  gshocks (1).jpg
Views: 653
Size:  214.1 KB

My new Rangeman arrived from Seiya san last week. Now I have two G-Shocks -both in synch with the atomic clock (UK). Then I noticed the seconds...

These watches live and synch side-by-side. The last synch was at the same time this morning for both watches. Has anyone else noticed their synching watches being out of synch?

Re: Atomic synchers out of synch

Weird! I have never experienced that! Have you tried to manually sync your Aviator and see if it syncs up with the Rangeman?
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

Is there an allowable tolerance range between what time the watch thinks it is and what time it is actually displaying on the LCD?

I'm not entirely sure how the logic works, but maybe they both have the same time but they are on opposite ends of the +/- for the display?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi Jebleuk,

I have seen it once. It was solved with a new signal reception.

Cheers,

Sjors
    idkfa likes this.
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

This is an interesting thread because I had a somewhat similar experience. My three GW-300's live on a window ledge facing the Ft. Collins atomic transmitter, a very few miles away. On the morning after daylight savings time changed, one of the watches was four seconds slower than the other two. I blamed old age/battery condition/module exhaustion or something similar, and decided to send the defaulting watch back to Casio if it did not self-adjust in a day or two. The next morning, all three watches showed exactly the same time and have done so since.

If the Rangeman was synced shouldn't there be 3 bars above the PS symbol?
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/ran...ay-987605.html

Off topic was you hit by duty when you ordered from Seiya?
    Last edited by jhericurls; April 27th, 2014 at 19:47.

Quote Originally Posted by jhericurls View Post
    If the Rangeman was synced shouldn't there be 3 bars above the PS symbol?
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/ran...ay-987605.html

Off topic was you hit by duty when you ordered from Seiya?
    Seiya always declare full value so you usually get hit with customs if you order it within EU:
    jhericurls likes this.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

I have written about here enough that a few people are probably tired of hearing it, but....

I have eight solar/atomic G's that all synch every night, and I keep the hourly signal turned "on" for most of them. I'm mostly amused by the fact that if I'm in the bedroom and awake at 1 or 2 AM they all beep in perfect synch since the GW-6900's and the GW-2310's synch at midnight.

By early afternoon, the "dbuble beep" has become a "triple beep" as a couple of the watches "drift" by a fraction of a second. (How long IS that double beep? A half second or so?) By 9 or 10 PM, the hourly noise has become a quadruple beep and after midnight, they're all back "in synch" again!

Most G's are supposed to be accurate to +/- 15 seconds a month, but as people have mentioned here often, their atomics seem to leave the factory before they're adjusted to be QUITE that accurate. (Is Casio lazy, or do they figure that most atomic owners won't notice if they keep "auto receive" turned on?) If one of your watches slowed down by a half second in 12 hours and the other sped up by that amount, that would account for the apparent one second discrepancy.

I'm curious as to how close those two are timewise at 1 AM or first thing in the morning!
    captain kid likes this.

Ok so here is the update:
    First -the three bars were showing, they just didn't come out in the picture. The Rangeman had definitely synched at 2:02 on the 27/4.
    Second -yes duty and taxes came to £67

I did a manual update on the aviator. Now both watches are in synch. Both are set to auto synch so they will again tomorrow morning. I'll check them when I wake up and again when I get home from work and let you know the outcome.

Thanks for the advice everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    I have written about here enough that a few people are probably tired of hearing it, but....

I have eight solar/atomic G's that all synch every night, and I keep the hourly signal turned "on" for most of them. I'm mostly amused by the fact that if I'm in the bedroom and awake at 1 or 2 AM they all beep in perfect synch since the GW-6900's and the GW-2310's synch at midnight.

By early afternoon, the "dbuble beep" has become a "triple beep" as a couple of the watches "drift" by a fraction of a second. (How long IS that double beep? A half second or so?) By 9 or 10 PM, the hourly noise has become a quadruple beep and after midnight, they're all back "in synch" again!

Most G's are supposed to be accurate to +/- 15 seconds a month, but as people have mentioned here often, their atomics seem to leave the factory before they're adjusted to be QUITE that accurate. (Is Casio lazy, or do they figure that most atomic owners won't notice if they keep "auto receive" turned on?) If one of your watches slowed down by a half second in 12 hours and the other sped up by that amount, that would account for the apparent one second discrepancy.

I'm curious as to how close those two are timewise at 1 AM or first thing in the morning!
    I get this too and makes me wonder about QA tolerances and how effective sync is. I suppose it's good to know that for at least half the day I'll be on time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information