Atomic Syncing Question
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Marrin
  • 2 Post By Marrin
  • 1 Post By J.D.B.

Thread: Atomic Syncing Question

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Chitown, IL
    Posts
    5,516

    Atomic Syncing Question

    Hey all.

    Here in the US where I live (Chicago-area, IL), we do daylight savings time. Most of the US does this as well. So last night I put my atomic g-shocks in my office where they sync nicely each night. All synced and but only 1 changed to the correct DST adjusted time, although all have DST enabled/ON. The watches are as follows:

    GW-300 - synced but no change in time
    GW-6900 - synced but no change in time
    GW-5600 - synced and DID change time

    What am I missing?

    Thanks,
    Neil
    IN
    G-Shock DW-5200, GD-350, GW-6900

    OUT
    G-Shock - a lot of them | Aquadive BS100 | Seiko: BFK's, Monsters, Tuna 007, 015 | Helberg/H2O: Kalmar 1, CH-1, CH-6 |
    Eterna: Super Koniti 1973 LE | Enzo: EMV, EM001 | Omega: Bond SMP | Zilla: Auto, Ti, SS | sAs: Sea Classic II | Maranez: Bangla Ti & Brass | Halios: Puck, Laguna, Holotype | Zixen: PVD Trimix | WCT: 1000m Seal clone, SS & DLC

  2. #2
    Member Marrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    2,280

    Re: Atomic Syncing Question

    Quote Originally Posted by solar g-shocker View Post
    Hey all.

    Here in the US where I live (Chicago-area, IL), we do daylight savings time. Most of the US does this as well. So last night I put my atomic g-shocks in my office where they sync nicely each night. All synced and but only 1 changed to the correct DST adjusted time, although all have DST enabled/ON. The watches are as follows:

    GW-300 - synced but no change in time
    GW-6900 - synced but no change in time
    GW-5600 - synced and DID change time

    What am I missing?

    Thanks,
    Neil
    You're not supposed to have the DST to ON, as that will leave it ON regardless of it being ON or OFF. you have to to have it to AUTO, as THEN it will change as the DST changes

    Sent from my SLA-L22 using Tapatalk
    arcata likes this.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Chitown, IL
    Posts
    5,516

    Re: Atomic Syncing Question

    AH hah!!!!

    I don't understand what the function of ON is then?? Seems like OFF or Auto and ON is not necessary....

    I'm totally missing something obvious right?

    Neil
    IN
    G-Shock DW-5200, GD-350, GW-6900

    OUT
    G-Shock - a lot of them | Aquadive BS100 | Seiko: BFK's, Monsters, Tuna 007, 015 | Helberg/H2O: Kalmar 1, CH-1, CH-6 |
    Eterna: Super Koniti 1973 LE | Enzo: EMV, EM001 | Omega: Bond SMP | Zilla: Auto, Ti, SS | sAs: Sea Classic II | Maranez: Bangla Ti & Brass | Halios: Puck, Laguna, Holotype | Zixen: PVD Trimix | WCT: 1000m Seal clone, SS & DLC

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member Piston Honda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    289

    Re: Atomic Syncing Question

    I just turned mine all off on my atomics. Come this time of the year I start syncing very infrequently so if I wait for it to sync and correct itself it could be a few days.

  6. #5
    Member Marrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    2,280

    Re: Atomic Syncing Question

    Quote Originally Posted by solar g-shocker View Post
    AH hah!!!!

    I don't understand what the function of ON is then?? Seems like OFF or Auto and ON is not necessary....

    I'm totally missing something obvious right?

    Neil
    There are places that don't observe the DST or have their standard time set to DST all year long BUT are within the range of the atomic tower. If the watch didn't have the ON/OFF option, the user would wake up half the year with the incorrect time EVERY morning.
    Then you have places that are out of the range but use the DST and standard times. On those places you need the ON/OFF capability as they switch between the 2

    Sent from my SLA-L22 using Tapatalk
    GaryK30 and solar g-shocker like this.

  7. #6
    Member sticky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    South Yorkshire
    Posts
    54,160

    Re: Atomic Syncing Question

    Not all G’s have an “auto” setting - some are just DST “on” or “off”

  8. #7
    Member Marrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    2,280

    Re: Atomic Syncing Question

    Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    Not all G’s have an “auto” setting - some are just DST “on” or “off”
    I thought all atomic ones had AUTO as well, while non atomic have ON/OFF

    Sent from my SLA-L22 using Tapatalk

  9. #8
    Member J.D.B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,196

    Re: Atomic Syncing Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Marrin View Post
    I thought all atomic ones had AUTO as well, while non atomic have ON/OFF

    Sent from my SLA-L22 using Tapatalk
    Yup, all my s-a’s have the “auto” option. The non radio-synchers do not.
    Epal2Apol likes this.
    Thank you, I'm flattered, but, please don't click any "Likes" for me (unless there's a prize for "most likes")?

  10. #9
    Member Kabong30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    365

    Re: Atomic Syncing Question

    Some folks can't sync, I would imagine that's why it's there.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. GXW-56 auto atomic sync question
      By Ash Li in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 15
      Last Post: October 28th, 2013, 20:06
    2. Replies: 5
      Last Post: August 31st, 2012, 14:07
    3. Atomic Sync question regarding DST
      By daffie in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: November 6th, 2011, 20:32
    4. atomic sync question...
      By BenF in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: April 7th, 2010, 20:36
    5. Replies: 30
      Last Post: April 3rd, 2008, 00:12

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •