Auto EL turns itself off

Thread: Auto EL turns itself off

Auto EL turns itself off

Hi, I'm the proud new owner of a G9000 Mudman. I have enabled the A EL function, but it seems to turn itself off after 12 hours or so. Is there a way on switching it on permanently?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Re: Auto EL turns itself off

For non-solar G-Shocks, the auto EL turning itself off is a "feature" and "working as intended."

From page 3 of the manual: "In order to protect against running down the battery, the auto light switch turns off automatically approximately six hours after you turn it on."

Manual at http://ftp.casio.co.jp/pub/world_manual/wat/en/qw3031.pdf

The only way to switch it on permanently is to buy a solar-powered G-Shock -- because of the solar panels, the watch can (sort of) determine whether or not it's dark enough for the auto EL needs to come on when the watch is moved. (Shirt and coat sleeves can affect that determination, causing the light to come on when it's not needed.)

Ah, thank you. That explains why my solar King remains in A EL mode permanently.

Cheers

Steve

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

This question should be a 'sticky'! I remember asking it myself a few years back, and smile every time a newbie asks the same thing :)
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Thread Information