Aviator has crashed into the mountains...
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Aviator has crashed into the mountains...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Aviator has crashed into the mountains...

Awesome! The only thing that is better than a quick decision is a quick delivery! Only two and a half days and that's because it was a public holiday here yesterday!
    I had seen this one in a store in Tokyo two weeks ago, was mighty impressed but didn't make a move. Well I did, but on more colorful, lighter and admittedly cheaper things... I found those Aviator models too expensive, too serious, too dark. In reality, I think, I just wasn't ready for them.

Name:  IMG_0735-2.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  143.4 KB

Then seeing all those pictures here in the forum just got me thinking. I am a bit of an impressionist...

Name:  IMG_0725-2.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  135.0 KB

And I have learned one thing - I am eventually going to get one anyways, so better get it now, that way I'll have it earlier!

Name:  IMG_0750-2.jpg
Views: 627
Size:  130.9 KB

I must say, the packaging, honestly was a real disappointment: the same cheap box that a 79 EUR plastic thingy comes in.
    Just doesn't go with the class of the device, let alone its price.. Don't know what they were thinking!

Name:  IMG_0755-2.jpg
Views: 630
Size:  134.9 KB

But, in the end, I am not buying it for the box, and the watch is really something. I had studied the 3D depth on all the photos,
    and in reality, THAT was NOT a disappointment. This is actually a device to study and discover... like a sculpture, one will discover more details as time goes on..
    Which is fun to see moving, because, in a world of digital numbers blinking, that turning second hand is fabulous and gives the watch a personality!

Name:  DSC_1232-2.jpg
Views: 625
Size:  229.1 KB

So I had to take it on an adventure into my extended backyard...

Name:  DSC_1246-2.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  230.0 KB

Looks great in the sun, and even better in the shade!

Name:  DSC_1257-2.jpg
Views: 627
Size:  291.2 KB

The trail holds many dangers...

Name:  DSC_1261-2.jpg
Views: 631
Size:  170.5 KB

But none can shock this SHOCK!

Name:  DSC_1223-2.jpg
Views: 624
Size:  214.0 KB

I already knew in the first minute - this thing is going to be out and about A LOT and come with me just about anywhere...
    There was a question about the ideal travelling watch.. Well, I don't know about ideal, but this one is on top of my list.
    Right now it is still the holy grail, all clean and new, but I am thinking how awesome it would look after a few years of heavy use with paint coming off and scratches and all.. a real adventurer!

Name:  IMG_0739-2.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  122.5 KB

So - proud and happy owner, I am still admiring the mechanical build, the agressive design.. So far I have only learned how to operate the compass, which in my outdoor lifestyle is actually a useful feature and was also the decisive reason to get this one over the model that shows the temperature, a feature which to me has no use at all. I am surprised how comfortable it is on the wrist, in spite of size and weight.
    Great stuff, so that's an acquisition which I wanted to share. I know I am not the first but I will also not be the last one to get one.
    Biggest challenge now is to not look at the green and blue versions anymore, which both have a charme of their own.

Hope this was interesting or entertaining for you, thanks for reading!
    I've got to roll the old crop dusting plane out of the hangar now and go for a test flight (of the watch, not the plane, of course!)

DR.

Re: Aviator has crashed into the mountains...

I got the same type but the green version few days ago, it`s a master piece. Glad you like it too.
    Happy flight~
    Name:  1.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  12.8 KB
    Last edited by DR.; August 16th, 2013 at 16:05.

nice watch! enjoy it to the fullest!
    gripmaster likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Congratulations! I like your reasoning behind the purchase and the attraction the watch holds for you.

Superb photographs! Really, very well done. Thanks for those.

Enjoy!
    gripmaster likes this.
    "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar." - Freud

Huge congrats on a stunning G, thanks for sharing and thanks for the stunning photos.
    I definitely share your philosophy of if you're going to get it anyway, might as well get it as soon as possible.
    gripmaster likes this.

Congrats! I ordered the same (red) one yesterday, got the email today that it has been shipped. Can't wait for mine
    gripmaster likes this.

Congrats on a great pickup.

These GW-A1100s are one of the best 'G's Casio have issued in the last few years.

They have got the design just right with this one it is big and macho but the size has real purpose in this one making it easier to operate. The construction quality is fantastic as well and can only be appreciated once you have it in hand.

Mitch
    gripmaster likes this.

Congratulations! Love your pics and the story. I, too, received the green one earlier this week and love it. This is definitely the best G in my collection.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk
    gripmaster likes this.

LUW

Man that looks great, congrats!
    And great shots!
    gripmaster likes this.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Thank you for the pics and review gripmaster! I love seeing the area you you get to explore and am interested in the watch. :beer:

sent with aloha
    gripmaster likes this.
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information