Aw-582 S-kool???

Thread: Aw-582 S-kool???

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Aw-582 S-kool???

I'm really liking the AW-582 S-KOOL range... but what I wanna know is, what are the odds of Casio creating more of the model in rare colours like they do with the other popular classics e.g. DW 6900... I think I may have answered my own question there.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I think I wanna start collecting model AW-582....but imo it would be pretty pointless if they dont plan to create new colours...which is what I'm hoping.

What do you guys think?

What do you think of AW-582?

Will it command respect from other G owners?

Out of the four S-Kool colours, red, white, yellow and Blue...what would be the more sought after?

cheers.

Re: Aw-582 S-kool???

Quote Originally Posted by The Curse View Post
    What do you think of AW-582?
    I'm not one for colours, but I really like the AW-582 in general.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

*Bump*

C'mon guys... only one reply! which i'm truly grateful of.

I need your expertise and knowledge here...even if you don'tlike the model, state your opinion...
    Last edited by The Curse; September 6th, 2007 at 10:13.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

*Bump*

C'mon guys... only one reply! which i'm truly grateful of.

I need your expertise and knowledge here...even if you don'tlike the model, state your opinion...
    The AW-582 is one of Casio's best designs, but looks much better on a resin band.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

well nice looking watch, but also another good (bad) example of a faulty illumination design

I wonder if casio ever will learn how to illuminate ana-digi watches RIGHT

about the colours: nothing for me, I'm a straight black fan.

regards, holger
    Last edited by cal..45; September 6th, 2007 at 12:21.

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    The AW-582 is one of Casio's best designs, but looks much better on a resin band.

Hi tribe125,

I thought much the same about the leather band.

Would it be possible to get a white resin band for it, if so where?

Hi tribe125,

I thought much the same about the leather band.

Would it be possible to get a white resin band for it, if so where?
    Yes, I think so. The AWG-500BJ-8AJF, for example, has a white resin band, and there may be others. I suppose it's difficult to know, without having the watches in your hand, whether the shades of white are identical.

You might have to try a Japanese supplier, such as Seiya or Higuchi. Casio service agents, or the ever-helpful www.tiktox.com might be able to help.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Tribe, can I be nosy and ask what made you decide the AW-582 wasn't a keeper for you? I'm guessing you like to keep your watches down to a minimum of 'perfect for you' ones, but with you speaking so highly of the AW-582, I'm curious why you sold it on.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Lexxorcist View Post
    Tribe, can I be nosy and ask what made you decide the AW-582 wasn't a keeper for you? I'm guessing you like to keep your watches down to a minimum of 'perfect for you' ones, but with you speaking so highly of the AW-582, I'm curious why you sold it on.
    Yes, I cull my small working collection from time to time. I used to have a limit of ten, but now that I have a watch box with twelve slots, it's gone up by two...

I can't remember what forced the sale (watch no. 11, presumably), and why the AW-582 was next in line to go at that time.

Basically, though, I just decided that ana-digi G-Shocks were too compromised. The hands occasionally obscuring the digits is an obvious limitation, as is the lack of synchronicity between analogue and digital time.

Other minus points - not showing day/date/month at the same time, and limited countdown timer. On my nerdy 'G-Whizz' scale it scored 45.82%, whilst the 9052 (current champion!) scores 81.27, and the 5600E scores 79.68%.

What I really like is the case design. The shape and contours are delightful, and I can't think of a more attractive G-Shock ana-digi. The black gloss on the display, the 'meccano' hands, and the markers all enhance the classy appearance of the watch. Visually, it's an absolute treat, almost in an 'un-Casio' kind of way.

In summary then, it's my favourite ana-digi, but I've gone off ana-digis. Going off ana-digis is what made me renew my interest in 'pure' analogue, which led to my Seamaster, Time Factors and Stowa purchases. Curiously perhaps, I don't mind a complete absence of features as much as the compromised inclusion of features. These days, I don't even mind the absence of a date on analogue watches - but that may be because I struggle to see them at my age.

There is one ana-digi that interests me, but it might never be made. Eddie Platts is considering a 'Super-Quartz', that if made will be a remarkable watch with an advanced feature set (including synchronised hands and digits). If Casio stepped up to that level in a resin case, I might be interested again.

That answers my question very well, thank you tribe. I've not found ana/digi synchronicity a problem though, on the AW582 or the G100. The minute hand always moves on the 0, 20 and 40 second marks. I suppose if you need to change time zones quite often and want the hands synced, that could be a hassle. You may be referring to something I've not thought of.

Ah, I get a chance to mention my quartz Citizen Navihawk now. It solves many ana/digi problems by having hands that - at the push of a button - retract to the 12 position so they're not in the way of the digital display, then return to the correct time with another push. Also, when you select another time zone on the digital display, pushing 2 buttons at once adjusts the hands to the correct position for that time zone. Does anyone know of another ana/digi that does this?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information