Awaiting my much anticipated GW-A1000FC-2AJF, why the lack of interest by the majority?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Shocker
  • 1 Post By Chrisek

Thread: Awaiting my much anticipated GW-A1000FC-2AJF, why the lack of interest by the majority?

Awaiting my much anticipated GW-A1000FC-2AJF, why the lack of interest by the majority?

I am waiting not so patiently for my new GW-A1000FC to come in and while I've wanted this module since it's release I just wasn't in love with any of the models enough to really fork over 4-600 dollars for one. I was also a sucker for the composite bracelet, having pretty much every other composite bracelet G-Shock at one point or another. The release of the FC variant had me interested and as soon as I could fall on a good deal I was finally going to take the plunge. Well that day came and now I'm expecting the black and blue version here in a week or so from Japan. I couldn't decide all stealth black or black and blue but this deal made the decision for me.

I've tried to find some info from members here who own on and if I'm not way off here I think there are only 2 people on this forum who have/had one. That is just nuts. I thought for sure this would be a highly regarded version of this module watch and really surprised that there is so few threads on it for review.

Any other owners I missed that would like to provide some pictures or opinions?

Rolex 116610LV HULK Submariner
    Rolex 216570 Explorer II Polar White
    Rolex 16610 circa 1991
    Omega Planet Ocean Chronograph 9300
    Grand Seiko SBGA029 Spring Drive Diver
    Casio GW-5000

I was disappointed with the hands and the loss of legibility compared to the other versions of the watch, based on photos I have seen. But if they sell the bracelet separately it might be a cool mod to put one on a regular gw-a1000...

Re: Awaiting my much anticipated GW-A1000FC-2AJF, why the lack of interest by the majority?

Yep. The bracelet is awesome. The hands are meh. It's like a negative display version of GWA1000. I get used to the hands now so I think it's the best analog G ever.

May be it's just released for couple weeks on JDM only. And with the high price for no collaboration, it may take times to gain a market. Or it may not be popular at all until it goes to international market.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Awaiting my much anticipated GW-A1000FC-2AJF, why the lack of interest by the majority?

Waiting for the US release :)
    Feisar likes this.

Waiting for US release to see hands/face in person.
    Feisar likes this.
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisek View Post
    Waiting for US release to see hands/face in person.
    Will there definitely be a US release? If so, any idea when?

Thread Information