Awesome new Casio (not G-Shock)? Anyone have this watch?

Thread: Awesome new Casio (not G-Shock)? Anyone have this watch?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Awesome new Casio (not G-Shock)? Anyone have this watch?

Hi - I posted this in the affordable watches section but no one responded. Since this is a casio forum I thought I'd try my luck here.

I was going to get a black faced marine gear AMW320R but somehow I found this gem on casio's web site (the USA web site) and its also on their wavecepter site. I googled it and there is no other information available on the web for this watch. Here is the link:

http://www.casio.com/products/Timepi...chnical_Specs/

Does anyone have this watch? Its got everything the old marine gear has plus its solar, atomic, and a light! In my opinion it even looks better.

I can't believe there is no other information on the web on it and nothing on where to buy it. Any info will be appreciated.

Re: Awesome new Casio (not G-Shock)? Anyone have this watch?

That's a big beauty! I like the bracelet version...

Attached Images Attached Images

Banned

I like it! If it had a standard diver bezel it would be perfect.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

yes, we noticed that model when it was released a couple months ago. it's still new, but in time i'm sure it will trickle into my.casio.com, amazon, and even the trading forums here. honestly, i bet you'll find it for a good discount from the $200 very soon after release. the module looks to be shared with at least a couple older casios.

if you really love it and don't need a "deal", call casio at the number in the lower left of my.casio.com and ask if you can place an order.
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

Quote Originally Posted by Torrid View Post
    Good point! I use a rotating bezel quite a lot, partly as a mnemonic device. In fact, even two of my Pathfinders have them.

--Greg

That is very cool! I'm a fan of the AD-520 models (predecessor of the aw-320). Hopefully they are as nice as the MSRP ($200) suggests... Kinda miss the crown tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Torrid View Post
    I'm guessing you mean if it was unidirectional? One of the things I was thinking about was to get this watch and get it modded a bit. There are several people that are highly recommended in the forums that do mods (mostly to seiko watches). I wonder if they could put a unidirectional divers bezel on this watch?

While I'm at it, other mods include putting some awesome lume (superluminova or noctiluminova) on the markers and hands, and making changes to the dial face. Although I probably wouldn't touch the dial since that is where the solar panel is.

A real divers bezel, awesome lume on the hands and markers, and a saphire crystal (a $50 part according to their price list) would make this a perfect perfect watch for me. Although I'm sure that would at least double the price of the watch which is fine w/ me. I'm ok spending up to $400 for the perfect watch.

I have it.......AND LOVE IT! I bought it about a month ago while in Tokyo - and it has been pretty close to the perfect watch for me. The only things that could make it better are:
    *better lume - it drops off at about 02:00 or so.
    *EL backlight versus the LCD bulb.
    *A snooze alarm

Otherwise, it has been awesome........all of the G-shock guts crammed into a dive watch body. And the really nice part is that you can use any type of strap without having to do any modifications (I have a 22mm Maratac Zulu on it!). It has become my everyday (on and off duty) watch - and I get a lot of compliments on it (people think I spent WAY more on it than I did......only 14,800 Yen!)

Quote Originally Posted by Valaker View Post
    That is very cool! I'm a fan of the AD-520 models (predecessor of the aw-320). Hopefully they are as nice as the MSRP ($200) suggests... Kinda miss the crown tho.

I still have a AD 320 that running strong something like 12 years and 2 straps several batteries I hope the new ones are built to last also

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

Oh, and if you really want one (which I recommend) I found one on the bay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Casio-Solar-wave...3286.m20.l1116

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information