AWG-100 Analog not correct

Thread: AWG-100 Analog not correct

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

AWG-100 Analog not correct

This may be a small issue but it is bugging me. My Awg-100 is on sync time digitally with the LCD read out. I matched it up against my cell phone and both are on spot. The analog readout however is off by about three minutes (too slow) Is there a way to get the watch to re calibrate or to change the analog on it so that it is correct? My reasoning for going with a gshock was the thought that it would be the absolute correct time all the time (more accurate than any rolex etc etc). So how should I fix this?

Re: AWG-100 Analog not correct

The digital time is synced, and then the analogue time follows the digital time. So your watch is syncing correctly but the mechanical alignement of the hands needs to be adjusted. The manual describes how this can be done. A pdf of the manual is attached.

If it keeps happening, the watch needs to go to Casio for repair.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    The digital time is synced, and then the analogue time follows the digital time. So your watch is syncing correctly but the mechanical alignement of the hands needs to be adjusted. The manual describes how this can be done. A pdf of the manual is attached.

If it keeps happening, the watch needs to go to Casio for repair.

no worries had to do this on one of my atomics also. once corrected no problems

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks a ton. Got into the setting and adjusted it myself. I'll see how it goes later on and see if it keeps the time. Thanks for the help (didn't know that there would be a specific adjustment for this.

Instead of creating a new thread I thought I could jsut keep this one since it probably has to do with my inability to set the watch correctly.

Anyhow, the watch did not switch over hours for day light savings time. My computers and phone have switched over automatically but my watch refuses to even after checking that automatic update is indeed on. Any ideas?

Is your AWG-100 set on "Auto" mode for Sync?; does it normally sync each night?........sorry if these are dumb questions, just trying to get an idea of your situation.
    Brad
    Have a great day.

Is auto receive enabled? Is DST set to auto? If so, DST in the digital display should be correct.

The analogue hands do not adjust automatically, so will have to be reset manually.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    The analogue hands do not adjust automatically, so will have to be reset manually.
    are you certain? I don't own a AWG-100/101 but I do own a GW-1310A and whenever the digital time syncs, so does the hands....

regards, holger
    We are 12.6 %

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post
    are you certain? I don't own a AWG-100/101 but I do own a GW-1310A and whenever the digital time syncs, so does the hands....

regards, holger
    Thanks for the correction, holger, I've re-checked the manual, and you're absolutely right.

In that case, and assuming topslop has his watch set up correctly, I don't know why his watch didn't update properly. Perhaps it will tonight.

Auto syncing is set to "ON". I've held down the "forward" which is "D" as stated in the manual to force a recalibration. I have tried doing that several times and it has given me "ERR" for error instead of updating and syncing correctly. I tried holding it out the window and doing the same thing. Today here in Tampa, FL the sky was heavy with clouds, but that shouldn't make a difference in picking up the radio signal should it?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information