Awg-101

Thread: Awg-101

Awg-101

Today, my latest (and hopefully this year's last... <g>) one arrived - the solar, atomic, ana-digi AWG-101. It looks even nicer in reality since the metallic bezel ring is more of a dark copper tone than what the official pictures show. It actually looks like a more expensive noble chronograph watch with its three small circle windows. The solar panel is hardly noticeable underneath the shiny face.

The only thing that I find a tiny bit disappointing is that there's only the orange LED lighting from the 6-position and no EL panel whatsoever.

Oh, and yes, the lume sucks big time. It's much worse than what I know from the current G-315RL or G-100BT ("12 Beasts"), which somewhat lasts through a night - even if only on a very low level in total darkness.

Last edited by MRG-1000; November 21st, 2007 at 09:19.

Re: Awg-101

A beauty

Congrats, mine is the non-solar, non-atomic blue bezel version (AW-591-2A). Unique look imho, as a matter of fact, I'm wearing it this morning to the office.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ultramanpat View Post
    Congrats, mine is the non-solar, non-atomic blue bezel version (AW-591-2A). Unique look imho, as a matter of fact, I'm wearing it this morning to the office.
    Indeed, also a beauty - which I'd also like. But since I have several blue Gs, the gray was a nice departure from the usual scheme. And besides, I definitely wanted the atomic feature.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

herzlichen glückwunsch zu deiner neuen uhr

i seriously thought about getting me the AWG-100 but the non-existing el-backlight, the poor hands and markers lume and the more or less useful led is a killer for me, which is a shame because I really like the look of the new ana-digis...

regards, holger

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post
    herzlichen glückwunsch zu deiner neuen uhr
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post
    i seriously thought about getting me the AWG-100 but the non-existing el-backlight, the poor hands and markers lume and the more or less useful led is a killer for me, which is a shame because I really like the look of the new ana-digis...
    Since I use the watch more during daytime and the LED allows for reading the time -admitting that it is not an ideal piece- I still love it for the great looks...

Banned

I really like the looks of that watch and would have gotten one but I was afraid the lume would be like their other ani/digi watches. It's a shame they don't try to do something about it. I think their ani/digi models would sell much better if the weak lume issue was properly addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian D. View Post
    I really like the looks of that watch and would have gotten one but I was afraid the lume would be like their other ani/digi watches. It's a shame they don't try to do something about it. I think their ani/digi models would sell much better if the weak lume issue was properly addressed.
    After wearing it tonight, I must reduce my "sucks big time" criticism a bit. It isn't worse. I could still see the lume parts, although they were very, very weak. But it still worked without needing the LED light.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MRG-1000 View Post
    After wearing it tonight, I must reduce my "sucks big time" criticism a bit. It isn't worse. I could still see the lume parts, although they were very, very weak. But it still worked without needing the LED light.
    This is the way all ani/digi G's should come right from the factory.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthr...litary+g-shock

Quote Originally Posted by Brian D. View Post
    This is the way all ani/digi G's should come right from the factory.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthr...litary+g-shock
    Absolutely, I agree with you. However, the poor lume isn't a showstopper as far as I am concerned. Could be better, but... oh, well...

Thread Information