AWG-M510. Any info yet?
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Chrisek
  • 1 Post By greg1491
  • 5 Post By tonyyikes

Thread: AWG-M510. Any info yet?

Question AWG-M510. Any info yet?

Anyone else interested in this model? https://forums.watchuseek.com/attachm...uly-2014-7.jpg
    The release date may be there in Japanese. This model sort of looks like an analog GW400. I always liked the shape and style of the GW400 but never owned one. I will be interested in the 1B version. Looks like this model has the feature that moves the hands out of the way of the LCD windows when you are using them. The AWGM100B has that feature and it's a great feature. I briefly owned an awgm100b but it wasnt comfortable so I flipped it. I'm looking forward to trying this model and hoping that it fits better.

The link is to starscreams thread. Thanks again starscream for the info.
    Last edited by greg1491; April 21st, 2014 at 14:17.
    Greg

Re: AWG-M510. Any info yet?

I'm also looking forward to some more info about these models... I prefer them over aviator models, very simple and effective design. They look just like AW-500 from 1989, I think that was first analog G-shock?

Functions lists looks good, waiting for some photos when it's released.

I'm interested in that one, too as I like the design - btw - the module is exactly the same as in the AWG-M100 - #5230. So it has:
    - hand moving feature
    - 5 alarms (no snooze unfortunately) with pre-alarm feature that counts down the last hour before an alarm sounds
    - worldtime with time-swap feature
    - 100 min timer
    - 60 min stopwatch
    Manual: http://support.casio.com/en/manual/009/qw5230.pdf

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

With Clement Wong the number in the top is the month of release in Japan. On this last round someone also hand wrote on the top.

So these two are due in the Japan Market in June.

sent with aloha
    greg1491 likes this.
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisek View Post
    With Clement Wong the number in the top is the month of release in Japan. On this last round someone also hand wrote on the top.
    Thanks Chris, I didnt know that.
    Chrisek likes this.
    Greg

This is a 2nd time we see this model beeing released. I missed it last time and have always regretted it.

Here is a better pic:
    (Bummers will be lack of proper light for BOTH analog and digital... I really wish those hands got lume and digital part with some sort of backlight... the way it is I think we'll just get LCD light for analog part and that's it...)

Also, 60 min stopwatch is a serious letdown as I'll be forced to set timer for timing anything over 60 min...

Still it's on my "must have list"... can't wait for june...

EDIT: I like 1B version as well but yea... those small digits in combination with negative display will probably be a pain in the dark...

Last edited by duke4c; April 25th, 2014 at 14:45.
    "Do you like having a good time? Then you need a good watch!" - Rocky Balboa, Rocky II, 1979

Just picked one up off of the 'bay, an AWG-M510-1BJF. So far, I'm really liking it:

More pics in a public Google Drive folder (tried linking them here but they were way too big):
    AWG-M510-1BJF

The amber led is, as has been mentioned before, really only good for viewing the time and does not light up the dark displays. There's a bit of lume on the 12, and on the tips of each hand. It's extremely comfortable on the wrist and surprisingly light - as comfortable as my GWM5610, and considerably more comfortable than the Rangeman.

This watch also has the interesting feature of counting down in the right hand window before an alarm - the display changes from the day of the week to a minute/second countdown before the next alarm, during which the ALM indicator blinks in the bottom window with the seconds.

I'll be interested to see how long the matte black coating on this -1BJF model lasts. So far it seems very durable.

Anyway, just wanted to post a little about this new Japan-only (?) release here, as the research I did before purchase led to very little information, presumably based on how new this model is. Oh speaking of nationalities, from the back: AWG-M510 ST.STEEL BACK JAPAN MOV'T Y CASED IN CHINA Also, the silver clasp shows CHINA as the country of origin.

Be glad to answer any questions if anybody else is considering this model or its brother the positive-display -1AJF.

Tony
    G-fob, cal..45, Iyonk and 2 others like this.

Thread Information