Aww crud... condensation in my Ga-100

Thread: Aww crud... condensation in my Ga-100

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Aww crud... condensation in my Ga-100

Just got in from sledding with my wife... yeah, thats right LOL

Hey, it only snows in Georgia on rare occasions.

Anyway, I had some fogging under the crystal. Dang it. I will just never fully trust this G now.
    Suunto... Replacing Luck!

Re: Aww crud... condensation in my Ga-100

Come on is not that Bad... Jeff

It's just a bit of condensation, Put your trust back on that G...

We never Play in the snow where I live now...NEVER

How bad was it? I managed to fog up almost every single G I had so far. There's no such thing as a gas-proof watch (maybe the old Omega PloProf) so a little moisture can always get in. As long as it's only a tiny spot on the crystal I wouldn't worry. Probably most of the moisture in any G was already trapped inside during manufacture.

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It was up in the top, (i think some snow got down in my gauntlet gloves)... If you think of the ga100 it covered the 12:00 and 10:00 windows. It was "light" and just foggy. Really, you have had that many issues with condensation?

But Still, I know me... that will really bug me. I may try to open it up, check the gasket and dry the "guts"... I dont know...

Really bummed.

I keep hearing this is common, but it's never happened with any of my watches, and I know many times my watches have been subjected to extreme changes in temp and humidity.
    Wear what you like.

We were out playing in the snow too! They dont get snow often over here either. My wife and I are from OH so we are used to it, but both of my boys were born here in SC so they love the snow when we get it.

Back OT, sorry to hear about your watch. I wouldnt worry about it too much. There is almost always a small amt of moisture in a watch just from the air inside it. If it was that small of an amount there should not be much to worry about. Did it clear up fairly quickly once the watch fully warmed up?
    Currently wear: Whatever seems appropriate for the day...

Quote Originally Posted by BruceS View Post
    I keep hearing this is common, but it's never happened with any of my watches, and I know many times my watches have been subjected to extreme changes in temp and humidity.
    Same with me, I have over 100 G's and they have never had this issue.. I had my DW6900 on while sleigh riding, snowball fighting, building 3 snowmen and shovling the driveway 3 days ago and nothing happened to it. I really hate to hear that about the OP's watch and maybe try checking the gasket..

It did clear right up. But still. I will check the gasket and try to dry it using some old tricks.

I grew up in Ohio too. But my wife in Ga. So its fun to play in our little snow.

Sent from my HTC Liberty using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_C View Post
    Really, you have had that many issues with condensation?
    Yes, I ride my bike to work no matter what the thermometer says. Temperature change from +20 to -10 Celsius will do the trick when riding about 20 minutes to and from work. The only one that never fogged was the Riseman. But I think that was just luck. I remember the ones fogging were e.g.:
    G-7710C
    GW-2500B
    GW-9010
    and many more which I can't recall. But it was always just a tiny spot and disappeared quickly when walking back inside the warm apartment. So nothing to worry. Over time the humidity on the inside and on the outside of a watch will always be the same - it's just pure physics or rather chemistry. Nothing to do about it. Normal water can't get inside of course. I simply stopped worrying about it. I remember a funnny coincidence at a party I once had - it started pouring and water ran inside my old stereo amplifier (WEGA with Sony electronics inside). I pulled the plug and let it dry - the stereo runs till this day with no damage at all (over 30 years old now, my father bought it shortly before I was born).

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Well the good news is that the gasket is intact and looks good. I will leave the watch open for a while, see if i cant pull some vapor out, re lube the gasket and put her back together.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information