B5000G-2 - Beautiful watch, loose "screw bar"?
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By FlyGuyMyEye
  • 1 Post By journeyforce

Thread: B5000G-2 - Beautiful watch, loose "screw bar"?

B5000G-2 - Beautiful watch, loose "screw bar"?

Hi all,

I've been using the B5000G-2 which I absolutely adore. Subtle but beautiful blue case and very comfortable. I have one issue though (tried several B5000's and they all had this problem) - the "screw bars" holding the strap to the body are loose and rattle with everyday movements. This is annoying and makes the watch feel cheap IMO. I did some research and in the B5000 thread, knowledgeable person MTB wrote this:

"It may sound louder than expected, as the rubber straps do not rattle (well the buckle does rattle though) that much, so in contrast, the screw bars seems to be loud.
    It's due to the fact that the straps are not secured by the screws; it was secured/supported by a metal tube that goes thru the entire length of the lug, and the screws are just there to prevent the tube from coming out.... late models from Gs are doing the same extensively, such as Frogs & GPWs.
    If you are really worried, a​pply tiny bit of locktite (221) would do... I have snapped a few screws after overtightening similar setups on other Gs :P"

Does anyone have experience with attempting this? Would this work to stop the rattling? Could it have any side effects, like stiffen the strap? How much should I put in? And is there a certain color or locktite that will be best? (It's a blue case with black screws). Thank you!!

Re: B5000G-2 - Beautiful watch, loose "screw bar"?

It is normal. The bezel/band screws are screwed in to a tube. This is the same setup as countless Casio watches have. All the currently sold Protreks have this "feature", you will get used to it. Think of it as being like a rattling clasp on a watch with a metal band

To avoid the annoying rattle try removing the watch before pleasing yourself or wear it on the other wrist.
    fokemon and Motorcycle Man like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by journeyforce View Post
    It is normal. The bezel/band screws are screwed in to a tube. This is the same setup as countless Casio watches have. All the currently sold Protreks have this "feature", you will get used to it. Think of it as being like a rattling clasp on a watch with a metal band
    Yes protreks have that too. I was under the impression that such design of free spinning bar help reduce stress on the screw that may cause breakage.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric.S View Post
    Yes protreks have that too. I was under the impression that such design of free spinning bar help reduce stress on the screw that may cause breakage.
    That and it keeps it from accidently unscrewing if one side gets caught against something
    Eric.S likes this.

Thread Information