Baby-G finally arrived yay :D
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Baby-G finally arrived yay :D

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Baby-G finally arrived yay :D

Look what has a kind person from GLS delivered to me :)

Name:  babyg2.jpg
Views: 788
Size:  179.0 KBName:  babyg1.jpg
Views: 714
Size:  181.0 KB

It's the Baby-G that i wanted for so long. And i love it. It is a bit more blingy and the adjusting of analog hands is a bit clumsy (since it's separated from the digital display and controlled by butons and not a crown), but still looks really nice. And it has no second hand! It's a bit strange but it's not really annoying.

And what i love about it is the depth of the dial and markers and the overall feel of the watch. It's resin as usual in matte black, but the bracelet feels more like it's made out of black ion platted titanium. It's very light, but give a solid feel. It doesn't even feel plastic at all.

I'll post more photos later...
    G-fob likes this.
    It doesn't matter how much the watch costs, it only matters if it makes your heart tick.

Re: Baby-G finally arrived yay :D

That was probably only kind person employed by GLS in Slovenia I had only horrible experience with them so far...

Watch looks good, much better on this real life shots then on studio shots. And missing second hand is a plus for me personally, looks much cleaner that way.

What about that square Casio, didn't you order them together?

I've contacted GLS this morning and diverted the package to my work place. Driver contacted me when he arrived so i just picked it up. No problems here :)

The Casio Futurist (you are probably refering to this "square" one) was ordered from eBay and is expected to arrive around 28th (hopefully). This Baby-G was ordered from WatchShop UK.
    It doesn't matter how much the watch costs, it only matters if it makes your heart tick.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

LUW

VERY nice! What model is it?
    I have to show this to my SEC.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Model is Casio Baby-G BGA-301-1AER (as in my signature). There is also the same model in bordeaux color named BGA-301-4AER which strangely has a silver clasp and not copper colored one (buttons are still copper)...

BLACK:
    Ladies' Casio Baby-G Alarm Chronograph Watch (BGA-301-1AER) - WATCH SHOP.com™

BORDEAUX:
    Ladies' Casio Baby-G Alarm Chronograph Watch (BGA-301-4AER) - WATCH SHOP.com™

LUW

Thanks!
    With her B-day coming in November it's always good to have options.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Hm, i've observed something interesting. You set the digital and analog time independently on this watch. Analog hands with one function and digital with another. You are then about to align the analog hands with the displayed digital time. But it's not precise and you can only move forward (no backward button). You roughly set it. And so i did. The analog hands were slightly off compared to digital but it was fine since there is no second hand anyway.

However! Today i checked the hands and they were aligned to perfection with the digital seconds (and time in general). The minute hand jumps every 20 seconds exactly and on 00 seconds, it is spot on with the minute markers. This isn't mentioned anywhere, but is it possible that this watch automatically aligns the analog hands to the digital time after some time (if you set it close enough). It seems like it does that considering i didn't set analog hands with such precision when i got the watch...

LUW

Interesting. I don't have any analogs to compare, so is this a feature of other analogs too?
    Cheers!
    Luciano

I have no clue, maybe someone who's into analog G-Shocks can tell us about.

I have the AMW-707 on which you set the hands seperately - BUT the seconds are synced - so when you finish the setting of the hands the minute hand moves ever so slightly to be in sync with the digitally displayed seconds. So you only have to set the hands on DST-change - normally when you just reset the seconds (to an atomic watch for example) the hands get aligned automatically if the difference between digital time and anlog is less than one minute - like on all Casios when setting the watch the seconds reset to 00 if they are less than 30 and they move forward to the next minute if they are more than 30.

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information