Baby G Gel Band Question

Thread: Baby G Gel Band Question

Baby G Gel Band Question

I bought my wife a Baby G about 4 months ago (BG 3000 3136 - pink gel) and she has broken 2 keepers on the band in that time. The first keeper broke within the first 30 days of ownership and Casio USA replaced the entire watch free ( to Casio customer service). This replacement watch band's keeper has lasted about 45 days and snapped.

She's a stay at home mom and not at all rough on these watches so I am a bit frustrated by the keepers breaking. Of course, me, the watch nut, talked up how good the G Shock was so she's really disappointed.

Do you guys have any advice on how to maintain these gel straps on the Baby G's so the keeper lasts longer than a month?

Also, does anyone know a source for either replacement Baby G bands, or more specifically, the keeper?

thanks!

Re: Baby G Gel Band Question

Also - is there an alternative band I can purchase? It looks like the measurements are 14mm interior to the lugs and about 23mm wide at the watch head. Does anyone make velcro style that might last longer than the stock gel?

I prefer the velcro bands, and have made my own for years. I have never worn a gel strap because I feel like my wrist can't breath. I'd used a rubber band or something.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

A velcro band will probably be the ultimate solution. I just need to find one that can fit between the 14mm lugs.

I hope Casio comes through with the ability to purchase a handful of retainers. Given my wife has broken 2, each in less than 40 days of wear, makes me think these gel bands aren't meant to last.

I have used small O-rings as keepers with great success.

Thread Information