Baby G vs “Regular” G Urethane difference?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By journeyforce

Thread: Baby G vs “Regular” G Urethane difference?

Baby G vs “Regular” G Urethane difference?

Hoping the wealth of knowledge you folks have can help me here.

Wifey has had a Baby G for about a year now and it’s looking pretty bad - specifically in the white resin band. The band itself is picking up transfer from we assume the denim of her pants and such, and is starting to crack a bit and just feels flimsy.

We’re looking at different models this time around - and even considering a small “men’s” solar atomic model since it’s also in the white that she seems drawn to, but is a bit larger for her to see more easily. However, we are concerned that in a short time we’ll be back to square one in regards to the appearance and condition of the resin straps.

By comparison, my other G’s all of which have the regular old black resin straps, are holding up better (as in hardly showing any wear, let alone cracking or color issues), even though they’re of similar age.

Is there a difference in the materials used between the regular and baby G lines?

Thanks!
    Name:  3475D4D0-C58A-42B3-A853-C1F38BB7B45B_1563138364294.jpeg
Views: 53
Size:  833.6 KBName:  E010BAA3-E2E3-4BAC-8C43-E86FBC9D1F88_1563138389388.jpeg
Views: 53
Size:  785.9 KB
    Name:  FD82FE31-AB68-4170-B9ED-3B363A5B0C56_1563138431022.png
Views: 57
Size:  3.73 MB

Re: Baby G vs “Regular” G Urethane difference?

White straps suck whether it is a baby G or a regular G. They tend to pick up a lot dirt fast. Try the white GW-M5601MW-7JF. It is a mens watch but is based on the GW-56xx model which works well on men and women. The bezel and strap can be replaced easy and it is atomic and solar so no battery change when in the middle of nowhere bother
    memento_mori and Steelerswit like this.

I don’t know about the resin composition, but the GW-M850 is a *phenomenal* watch, and if you prefer the white colorway, a hell of a bargain.

My GW-M850 is one of my favorites, bought used because the few remaining new-in-box black ones go for like $200.

The strap is a little long for my 6.5” wrist, but I don’t find it annoying.

Name:  DF20DEDB-5629-49C1-AB3D-5EBBDC64B885_1563139318641.jpeg
Views: 54
Size:  692.5 KB

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

white/lighter colour anything will show dirt more easily than dark colours, just like sweat stains on a white shirt, nothing else do it. i highly doubt theyd waste time and money making a diff. batch of resin for the baby g line since it has exactly the same G rating as regular Gs.

just wear it until it gets too unbearable for her then buy a new band. that bg in particular has a pretty generic lug, so you shouldnt have any trouble finding a compatible genuine or non genuine replacement

(ps. HEAPS of threads on here about this same "phenomenon" and about general cleaning maintenance)
    One struck by lightning is not the same as by a baseball or cabbage.

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

Also, if you're after another smaller G for the Mrs, there is now a range called G Shock Mini.

They're like a cross somewhere between G Shock & Baby G.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk
    A watch is for life, not just for the WRUW thread!

Quote Originally Posted by sodamonkey View Post
    Also, if you're after another smaller G for the Mrs, there is now a range called G Shock Mini.

They're like a cross somewhere between G Shock & Baby G.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk
    bit of a correction on this. g shock mini's are old models (about 10 years ago), basically a mostly non gender specific version of a baby G. in todays models they are the S series which look like shrunken versions of popular models ga110, ga800, dw6900. they lean towards feminine colours but still have plenty of unisex options.
    theres also the new gms line which is an extension of baby g's towards a classier, thinner dress watch direction. kind of the thing youd wear if you had to do parkour in an evening gown :p haha
    One struck by lightning is not the same as by a baseball or cabbage.

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

First, Club G. Small unisexual, then mini G.... Then baby G..... Now the slightly larger gmas series.

White bands suck as they seem laminated and wear poorly. That's why so many are for sale cheap.

Sent from Capt Kirk's Communicator
    Call sign: Wit
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Thread Information