Back to the Atomic Gulfman! :))

Thread: Back to the Atomic Gulfman! :))

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Back to the Atomic Gulfman! :))

After buying every master of G in the current range over the the last couple of years, i'm back to my first Master of G purchase, The Atomic Gulfman.

I was really happy with the Gulfman but flipped it as soon as the Mudman Rally appeared on the market.

I thought the Mudman Rally was the ultimate G, but after having it fog up on me in cold water (2 degrees) stiff buttons and having problems with the strap retainer slipping off.. I flipped it.

After that i went for the Atomic Riseman, Great watch with a fantastic module, but i was dissaponted with the wobbly buttons and the gaps between the buttons and the case. (flipped)

So i thought it was time for a Frogman, but the lack of Atomic timing was such a minus that i flipped it within a week!

As i can't justify the price of the Atomic Frogman at the moment and being dissapointed in the lack of a titanium case, i thought i'd go back to the Gulfman.. Great tough looks, super light weight, MASSIVE easy to press buttons with titanium shafts, brightest back light i've come across, no fogging in cold conditions, titanium components, cool back plate, a strap retainer that actually locks into place and a fantastic, but simple module.

As i haven't had the honour of owning the Atomic Frogman as yet, i'm going to say for me personally, the Atomic Gulfman is the best Master of G i have ever owned, even though it has been stripped of its moon phase and tide graph.
    Last edited by senraw; April 3rd, 2010 at 13:04.

Re: Back to the Atomic Gulfman! :))

Hi senraw,

I just can't believe it actually fogged? And the strap retainer fell off ...

Well I have the Rally Mudman right here and now, and seriously it has never -ever failed me. I bought it in november last year and as a first Dura-test I left it freeze in the snow just outside my window for a couple of days. Then i dropped it purposely from 6-th floor [30m], and it resisted. Now as an engineer I cover a lot of field work, and my muddie gets dusted constantly - so I give him an extra shower everytime. That my friend is a true workhorse.

The only downside of the Mudman is the "G" sign in the middle of the display for the atomic reception confirmation. It occupies a decent amount of space and has the annoying trait of dropping a shadow on the minute digits.

As for Gulfman ... a nice G. But it has no instant date display, and the Atomic reception signal circle is too big in my taste. It occupies space for nothing other the looks ... seriously are U ever gonna forget which timezone or country You are?

And then - the atomic feature - although a nice one, it's like not trusting in the precision of Your watch at all. Believe me, I have a couple of 10+ old casios, and boy are they precise!

Get that Muddie of Yours another shot!

Cheers, XoLo

Hi There XoLo,

Try putting it in freezing cold water for 30 seconds, i'm pretty sure you will get condensation on the inside of the watch which will vapourise in a few seconds, its apparently due to the fact that they are assembled in Thailand where the climate is very humid and its almost Impossible to get all of the humidity out. But saying this the Gulfman is also assembled in Thailand just it doesn't seem to have this problem. :)
    Last edited by senraw; April 3rd, 2010 at 14:24.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It's definitely a good model.

It sure is Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by senraw View Post
    Hi There XoLo,

Try putting it in freezing cold water for 30 seconds, i'm pretty sure you will get condensation on the inside of the watch which will vapourise in a few seconds, its apparently due to the fact that they are assembled in Thialand where the climate is very humid and its almost Impossible to get all of the humidity out. But saying this the Gulfman is also assembled in Thialand just it doesn't seem to have this problem. :)
    I'm glad that the Gulfman is working out for You
    Looks like my Mudman [jap] could challenge Your Gulfman [thai] on the condensation test!

Take care and enjoy!

Regards, XoLo

Hi,

I expect you'll be flippin it soon enough, the Gulfman with Tide and Graph is now out in Japan with atomic time keeping (always been annoying you lose that with the current atomic version!) so hopefully it'll hit the sunny shores of Lowestoft at some point!!! LOL...

Cheers

Really?? I thought the GW-90101JF and GW-9010MB were both assembled in Thailand?? I'm not aware of there being a Japanese assembled rally Mudman model?

I've seen it Dan and I like it ALOT! But my next purchase will be the Atomic Frogman. Just waiting for it to hit the U.K stores so i can avoid the dreaded import tax.
    So it could be a long wait for one to be seen in sunny old Lowestoft.
    Then maybe i'll consider flipping the Gulfman.
    Last edited by senraw; April 3rd, 2010 at 13:41.

Quote Originally Posted by senraw View Post
    Really?? I thought the GW-90101JF and GW-9010MB were both assembled in Thailand?? I'm not aware of there being a Japanese assembled rally Mudman model?
    Ok, check http://en.item.rakuten.com/hammer/g-9010-1dr/ to confirm if U want.

Cheers, XoLo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information