Back to G-Shock

Thread: Back to G-Shock

Back to G-Shock

Long story short, previously owned the black standard Mudman (no real other choice here in Australia) and a Riseman. Both sold and have been wearing an Omega PO for the past few months. Well that's in the process of being sold. Don't know what it is but I love G-Shocks.

I pulled the trigger today on the Mudman below from Amazon. In a few weeks I am heading to the USA ( I live in Australia) and am looking to purchase 3 or 4 G-Shocks.

Just to give you an idea, a standard Mudman, black with red buttons, is around $60 US or so online. To but this same watch in Oz is around $289 au from a watch store. They have a few general Casio's but we dont have much else to chose from.

Apart from what I will have below, I will be looking at MIB Gulfman, probably a chrono analog, possibly a Frogman and maybe an atomic solar Gulfman or Mudman.

Can't wait for this to arrive now.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Back to G-Shock

Cool! Nothing like a well-formulated plan too

Welcome back to G-Shocks.

That's too bad about the prices in Australia. Is buying from Japan any better from there? We get great prices on US releases here online, but it's tough to find any in brick and mortar stores here. And if you find some in a store they're almost always priced at full retail.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    Welcome back to G-Shocks.
    watches are meant to tell times..

That's insane pricing for a mudman anywhere. If you want to stack up on G's, it might be worth it to order some G's online and have them shipped to your hotel if you are going to be in one place for a week or so.

Hey Dave,

You wouldn't be headed to Oracle OpenWorld in San Francisco would you I'm planning on doing the same as you (also from Aus headed to the States in a few weeks) Have my eye on a couple...

Kev.

I am only going to LA, staying in Anaheim this time around. Last year I was in San Fran and remember looking in Macy's and there was a whole counter of g-shocks. I didn't get any since I hadn't done much research and was quite new to these watches.

I will be hitting a couple of malls and shopping areas so hope to find something similar.

I may end up buying online when I return if I don't come across much over there though.

In San Fran try the Macy's store in the city, I am positive there being heaps in there.

Nice buy, good looking G.

Welcome back to G-Shocks, brotha!

Thread Information