bad battery

Thread: bad battery

bad battery

Hi. Ive been thinking of getting one of the solar powered wave ceptors from ebay. At first I was looking on this site for any pictures of the prg 50, to see how big it is on the wrist. While at the same time looking for info on the waveceptors. Then I read all these reports of the dodgy CTL 1616 battery. Should I reconsider buying any watch with this battery in. And just as a sideline. Can you replace this battery with a non recharging battery?
    Thanks Jr.

Re: bad battery

Quote Originally Posted by jrterror
    Hi. Ive been thinking of getting one of the solar powered wave ceptors from ebay. At first I was looking on this site for any pictures of the prg 50, to see how big it is on the wrist. While at the same time looking for info on the waveceptors. Then I read all these reports of the dodgy CTL 1616 battery. Should I reconsider buying any watch with this battery in. And just as a sideline. Can you replace this battery with a non recharging battery?
    Thanks Jr.
    It was my understanding it was a one time batch of bad batteries ! I wouldn't worry ! IMHO I have a few with that battery and NO problems !!

Banned

Hi jrterror,

I wouldn't worry too much about the battery. Here are a couple of pics of my PRG-50 for you to check out.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I own a G-5600-1JF, looks like the classic DW5600E only that it's a Tought Solar. Instead of the white/grey square around the display it's red and it has a couple of different fructions. The watch uses a CLT1616, speaking from first hand experance I have had no trouble (knock on wood) with the watch. I uses all the fruction and the Auto EL light all the time and it charges and hold a charge with out any trouble at all. I know alot of people on this forum has had a problems with the CLT1616. Even if you brought a watch had has a CLT1616 you can always replace the battery .

Thread Information