With the bad Casio Watch sales. Does this mean G-Shocks are going to be cheaply made?

Thread: With the bad Casio Watch sales. Does this mean G-Shocks are going to be cheaply made?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Exclamation With the bad Casio Watch sales. Does this mean G-Shocks are going to be cheaply made?

Casio has always held G-Shock Watches with a standard of quality.

I wonder what this could mean for the watches.

I hope they continue their good product control.
    The MTG is retired and the 5600 too. Right now, the only working G-Shocks that I use and enjoy are the Riseman GW9200-1 and the GW6900-1

If I can own a Rolex Submariner I would. I know they are tough too, their homages are tough. Trust me.

G-Shock MTG930DA-8V, G-Shock GW-5600J-1. G-Shock Riseman GW9200-1, G-Shock GW6900-1

Banned

Re: With the bad Casio Watch sales. Does this mean G-Shocks are going to be cheaply made?

i hope they will retail it cheap without comprimising the quality standards..

Re: With the bad Casio Watch sales. Does this mean G-Shocks are going to be cheaply made?

Casio is a very well managed company with deep pockets. Their years of experience in all kinds of economic climates in various countries, has served them well. There is no reason to think that quality will be compromised. Nor do they need to push prices down as they are a great value even at full retail.

The G-Shock will live on with complete integrity and success. The current flagging sales are but a blip on Casio's radar screen. One in which there is much more stability than the smaller companies enjoy.

Buy your G's and enjoy them.

Cheers...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

There have been treads about some modules being off. I took a GW5525 back because the module was not straight. So I dont believe they have complete integrity or quality control at this time. Like most companies the more they produce the more quality suffers in the end.

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

Hi,
    I think crooked modules have been around since G-Shocks have been invented - it's because of the 'floating module' I guess . If it's only slightly crooked it doesn't bother me. I noticed however that my DW-6900MS wasn't the same quality as my DW-6900WC 'FIFA' (both now sold) - the bezel didn't fit as tightly on the MS and therefore the buttons squeaked when pressing them - it was so annoying that I sold it. But maybe it was because the FIFA is 'Japan M' and the MS Thailand. However I didn't notice anything being wrong with my other 'Made in Thailand' Gs . All in all I don't think the quality will deteriorate.

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Quote Originally Posted by JERSTERCA View Post
    There have been treads about some modules being off. I took a GW5525 back because the module was not straight. So I dont believe they have complete integrity or quality control at this time. Like most companies the more they produce the more quality suffers in the end.
    Casio watches, like most other products, are mass produced. Therefore 100% perfection is unrealistic. It's also why they have a warranty. To judge a company on a few faulty products would be to condemn an entire industry. What I have done when receiving a product that did not meet my expectations is simply to return it for another. That simple practice has worked every time.

Cheers...

"bad Casio Watch sales"? I don't get it.
    Simon

WTB - More wrists

Quote Originally Posted by sl8763 View Post
    "bad Casio Watch sales"? I don't get it.
    I'm not too sure either if that's really the case. You would expect that with the financial crisis and all people would prefer 'cheap Japanese plastic watches' over high-end Swiss brands and therefore Casio, Seiko and Citizen might actually sell even more . Or are they all losing customers - high-end and 'low-end' alike?

Greetings, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Casio watches, like most other products, are mass produced. Therefore 100% perfection is unrealistic. It's also why they have a warranty. To judge a company on a few faulty products would be to condemn an entire industry. What I have done when receiving a product that did not meet my expectations is simply to return it for another. That simple practice has worked every time.

Cheers...
    I think casio might be able to keep up the great quality but I have had a problem and so have others. I am not trying to make a bigger deal then it is. there are a certain percent of issues with anything being made. So far I have had about 30 casio's and only 1 problem for me

OOOh no I just rembered the guy that every G shock he got from amazon was scratched up

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi

Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    I'm not too sure either if that's really the case. You would expect that with the financial crisis and all people would prefer 'cheap Japanese plastic watches' over high-end Swiss brands and therefore Casio, Seiko and Citizen might actually sell even more . Or are they all losing customers - high-end and 'low-end' alike?

Greetings, Sedi
    You guys ever check out the Seiko forum I have one of the last old model Tuna SBBN007 that listed for close to 600 I think. Seiko decided to move upscale and now the Tuna has 2 models the rubber strap for about 900 street price and the SS bracelet for close to 1100. They are trying to move upscale at the wrong time. they really only changed the face to add Marine Master and signed crown. For almost double.

I would love to see how the sales figures compair with there projections

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information