Band Printing.....Removable?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LUW

Thread: Band Printing.....Removable?

Band Printing.....Removable?

Greeting Shockers,

My G-9100 Gulfy's strap is starting to get a bit uncomfortable. The situation where too loose or too tight is enforced. Not only that after a while, the strap has started to get a bit stiff. Therefore, I ordered a G-9300 Riseman strap from my local distributor which cost about US$16 after conversion. But as you know the label printing on the Riseman differs e.g "Tough Solar" and "Twin Sensor" while mine being the standard Gulfman has "Rust Resist" and "Dual Illuminator".

I tried placing orders for the G-9110 series but these have "Tough Solar" and "Rust Resist" (okay, maybe yes for the latter). Also here in Malaysia, the G-9110 series are considered limited editions at the moment and the replacement straps and bezels set cost a bomb (around US$70) and take awhile to get here from Japan (3 months at least and they don't keep stocks). I might as well go for the standards and invest the cash for another G later.

Anyway, my questions are:-

1. Can the silk printing (Casio calls them) be remove immediately? I know they would wore off in due time but for how long?

2. Can it be remove safely and if by solution and in the long run would the resin compound have any effect e.g expediting resin rot?

3. or should just leave them alone........

Cheers

kelfg2000
    G-Shocks all the way
    Last edited by kelfg2000; August 11th, 2013 at 15:50.

LUW

Re: Band Printing.....Removable?

I have had success in removing tampo/pad printing in the past using non-acetone nail polish remover.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

How does the strap look? clean?

In the old days, the printing comes off easily within few months of usage. Today, they are seems to sealed in.....noted, thanks.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

LUW

Black and smooth. That's why I use non-acetone nail polish remover. It demands more elbow grease but there's far lesser risk of you melting the resin and making it look dull.
    kelfg2000 likes this.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

I have tried acetone, auto paint stripper, and various other solvents. Nothing really worked at all. The band printing is sealed under a protective clear coat on most bands so it won't come off unless you strip the coat and ruin the band. Some models might not have this coat but nearly all of them do. It is incredible technology. Very tough material.

Yup. I notice that too. I wonder why casio loves putting on this labels so much. too much info on a watch......even the standard casio can't escape this.....

Thread Information