Hey everyone, I did some work on a G Shock 3230 DW6900MS for my dad's friend. It had some moisture inside from a careless employee at The Bay. When they closed the case up after a battery change the gasket wasn't installed correctly. Part of it was pinched between the case and case back and actually sticking out and moisture eventually got in. I'm not sure of exactly how much got in but when I opened it, it evaporated off the crystal immediately. Anyway, I left the module out for a few days to evaporate any moisture that may have been in it that I couldn't see. Then I put a fresh new battery in, reset the AC, installed a new gasket and sealed it up. Everything was working fine for about two weeks. Then it stopped completely. I got it back and put a new battery in and it's working again for now. When it came to me the first time with moisture in it the battery was dead as well and I was told it was fairly new too. So basically it's going through batteries in like 2 weeks and I am wondering if anyone has any ideas as to why? And how to correct it?
Sorry if this issue has been covered already. I did a preliminary search and obviously couldn't find any answers. As far as I can tell, this model does not have Auto EL which I've read can drain batteries quick.
Thanks in advance