Battery swap... (unlucky one)
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By CCCP
  • 1 Post By lvt
  • 2 Post By Watchphile

Thread: Battery swap... (unlucky one)

Angry Battery swap... (unlucky one)

A few years ago I opened a Casio WW-31, a very simple and old digital watch from 1984 very much alike F-91W (click for bigger pic)

Now I wonder what the heck should I do to remove the battery cover??? it's a flimsy thing so I probably damaged the watch with unsuccessful attemps.

I'm lucky it's just a keepsake and I don't really need it working.
    But I think I will go to the watchmaker for my G-Shocks.... so much for people saying a battery swap is painless and a matter of 5 minutes it can turn out quite frustrating and destructive indeed
    Crater likes this.
    Watches are fun IF you don't take them seriously.
    Too many watches for my signature... this is my SOTC thread on f71

lvt

Re: Battery swap... (unlucky one)

Try to remove the module out of the case, you may have some ideas when you can take a look at the whole thing.
    nigelw likes this.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

It does look similar to the F-91W in which case there are 4 levers holding the battery cover in place, and they can be gently pried open once the module is out of the case; and don't despair, this arrangement is the exception rather than the norm and on the vast majority of G's changing the battery is indeed quite painless and there is no need to remove the modules at all.

Refer to this F-91W battery change tutorial for more info/pics:
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f43/f-9...ge-410351.html
    Mike K and CCCP like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I was looking for the same thread that Watchphile linked, but I was just a little slower!

The inside of the WW-31 looks a LOT like the eleventh picture in the F-91 battery change thread, that shows that "inside back" piece.

Quote Originally Posted by lvt View Post
    Try to remove the module out of the case, you may have some ideas when you can take a look at the whole thing.
    I accidentally did it... I pulled a tab to see what will happen, and it came out. Then I stopped because I'm quite ham fisted with this small delicate things.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchphile View Post
    It does look similar to the F-91W in which case there are 4 levers holding the battery cover in place, and they can be gently pried open once the module is out of the case; and don't despair, this arrangement is the exception rather than the norm and on the vast majority of G's changing the battery is indeed quite painless and there is no need to remove the modules at all.

Refer to this F-91W battery change tutorial for more info/pics:
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f43/f-9...ge-410351.html
    They are almost identical, indeed thanks!!!
    I probably messed up the poor thing... but at least I tried.
    And the most important thing is that G's battery are easier to replace. Reading the other thread about G's battery replacement confirmed that watch shops often won't do it properly so there is no "safe" option... indeed last time I went to a jewelery shop for battery replacement the owner lost the alarm spring of my Seiko watch

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    I was looking for the same thread that Watchphile linked, but I was just a little slower!

The inside of the WW-31 looks a LOT like the eleventh picture in the F-91 battery change thread, that shows that "inside back" piece.
    Yep, indeed! Thanks!
    Watches are fun IF you don't take them seriously.
    Too many watches for my signature... this is my SOTC thread on f71

Thread Information