Ben 10 movie director wears a G-Shock -- of course!

Thread: Ben 10 movie director wears a G-Shock -- of course!

Ben 10 movie director wears a G-Shock -- of course!

check out the clip below on cartoon network. I was poking around the ben ten area to find out more about the live action movie based on the cartoon. Early in the clip, Alex Winter, the director of Ben 10, is gesticulating as he explains the story and what do you know, he's wearing a G-Shock (I think). Of course, considering the Ben 10 cartoon is so heavily focused on the omnitrix, a wrist-based alien generator, we must assume it is a requirement that the director of this movie wear a G-Shock

What do you think? DW-6900, something similar?

cheers

Ben 10 movie director wears a G-Shock
    Go Dortmund!

Wink Re: Ben 10 movie director wears a G-Shock -- of course!

Hi Freediver,

You have only one chance to see it and I have played the video many times. Check the "double assembled" watchband. It is a Mud Resist DW-8500 Codename! Once you know this, you need to pay attention as he raises his hand. For a 10th of a second you indeed see the Codename. Very hard to catch.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Re: Ben 10 movie director wears a G-Shock -- of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Sjors View Post
    Hi Freediver,

You have only one chance to see it and I have played the video many times. Check the "double assembled" watchband. It is a Mud Resist DW-8500 Codename! Once you know this, you need to pay attention as he raises his hand. For a 10th of a second you indeed see the Codename. Very hard to catch.

"very hard to catch" -- not for you Sjors. You are the ultimate G-detective

now, is this DW-8500 somewhat rare? If so, may we assume that this Alex Winter is a G-collector, maybe even someone who frequents this forum??

cheers
    Go Dortmund!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Ben 10 movie director wears a G-Shock -- of course!

Hi Freediver,

His watch looks pretty worn. The DW-8500 was sold in the USA, so he could have bought it a few years ago. The fact he works for the Cartoon Network, it is not unthinkable he also visits Japan on a regular base. Most CN cartoons are made there I think, (I love "Fosters home for Imaginary Friends") and I won't be suprised that the animation in Ben 10 is also Japanese (though US SFX-animation is not bad at all).

Still it would be great if he actually is a G-Shock fan or collector and maybe visits our forum.

Abiut the DW-8500. I bought this model 2 times in a few months. I believe I bought one in Australia in December 2006 and the second one around March this year. I forgot to archive th first one, so I thought I had only one. I happen to have two (slightly different) black DW-8500's. they look great! If you like wearing the old DW-8400 Mudman, you probably like this model too

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Thread Information