Best 'all black' choice
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Best 'all black' choice

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Best 'all black' choice

I am about to retire my 7900b-1. I've had it since it debuted, and while it still works perfectly, the resin has seen better days and I spend too much time noticing the imperfections. So, I think I will put the module into a new resin, and then fill the new gap in my collection that is an all-black model.

I think I have seen most of what is out there, but I will start this post because the pros generally show things that I never knew existed. I would prefer if it were a modern model, and while an LE is not a deal-breaker, I would prefer to avoid that as well. My hunt for a g5500c-3 is too frustrating as it is, so I don;t want to start another wild goose chase, I'd like to just buy right away.

After looking around, I am currently leaning toward gr8900a-1. Is there anything black on black on black that I might have missed? I love the all black King, but I have an orange King, so if I can find something all black that I really like, and it has a module not currently in my collection, that is a double whammy. 5600BB and 9110bw-1 are also on the short list.

I carefully did not use the term 'stealth', becasue I know my 7900, and the 8900 on the consideration block both have bezel fills that are not black. So that is fine. But no colour accents allowed, and negative display is a must.

Name:  03406835263_1.jpg
Views: 1915
Size:  338.9 KB
    Last edited by CADstraps; September 17th, 2012 at 19:15.

Re: Best 'all black' choice

Name:  775900d1343491422-casio-solar-atomic-mudman-gw-9010mb-1jf-mini-review-japan-matte-black-edition-.jpg
Views: 1220
Size:  699.4 KB
    lukkluj and Dlbernau like this.

There is no watch that is more black on black on black on black, etc., than the GW-5000B. The resin is black, the buckle is black, the buttons are black, the screws are black, the whole stainless steel case is black, the screwback is black, the letters on the resin are black, the module is 3159. However, it is significantly smaller than the models you have. The only color it has is the purpleish solar cells. I will post pics later.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

What Fer Guzman is absolutely true. Another choice is a gdf100bb. Nothing sucks the light out of a room like it does.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1347903725484.jpg
Views: 1044
Size:  67.5 KB

Not sure if this matters or not (not mentioned above), this watch is non-solar and non-atomic.
    Last edited by Chrisek; September 17th, 2012 at 21:06.
    kiwidj and TedDotCom like this.
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

GW2310fb is what I would go with; especially for the solar. Kinda rare around here too as I have not seen many to my surprise. Or what about a G001-1A? Unique look and not often seen either

Name:  GW2310FB-1_xlarge.jpg
Views: 1195
Size:  30.3 KBName:  G-001-1AJF_l.jpg
Views: 1700
Size:  138.1 KB

Brave Rifles! Veterans!

Oh, forgot the MS Series like the DW6900MS
    Name:  20120330_16dff6.jpg
Views: 4381
Size:  45.2 KB

Brave Rifles! Veterans!

Quote Originally Posted by CADstraps View Post
    I am about to retire my 7900b-1. I've had it since it debuted, and while it still works perfectly, the resin has seen better days and I spend too much time noticing the imperfections. So, I think I will put the module into a new resin, and then fill the new gap in my collection that is an all-black model.

I think I have seen most of what is out there, but I will start this post because the pros generally show things that I never knew existed. I would prefer if it were a modern model, and while an LE is not a deal-breaker, I would prefer to avoid that as well. My hunt for a g5500c-3 is too frustrating as it is, so I don;t want to start another wild goose chase, I'd like to just buy right away.

After looking around, I am currently leaning toward gr8900a-1. Is there anything black on black on black that I might have missed? I love the all black King, but I have an orange King, so if I can find something all black that I really like, and it has a module not currently in my collection, that is a double whammy. 5600BB and 9110bw-1 are also on the short list.

I carefully did not use the term 'stealth', becasue I know my 7900, and the 8900 on the consideration block both have bezel fills that are not black. So that is fine. But no colour accents allowed, and negative display is a must.
    I like your own choice of the 8900! I've been searching for the atomic/solar version for a while now, but they are such an extortionate price. I too own a GW7900b and would want it's replacement to be atomic as well...
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

I second the GW2310FB, it's currently one of the coolest looking dark G's. It's also got a quite useful module and is Solar-Atomic. My experience with the G/GW 23** model watches is that they have that Goldilocks thing going on, not too big, not too small...just right. The band is also pretty comfortable as it conforms to the shape of the wrist nicely for my 6.5inch wrist.

Last edited by dobber72; September 17th, 2012 at 21:22.

sgi

AWG-M100B-1A and AWG-M100BW-1A look nice
    Attached Images Attached Images

kiwidj likes this.

The gdf100bb and GW2310FB look cool, but they all have silver backs. I prefer the gw2310 because it is atomic. Here are some recycles pics, of course the band, bezel and buckles on the band are all back. I don't know if there is another g-shock that is all black like this, anyone know a different model, I am very interested if it is out there.

Name:  1111.jpg
Views: 940
Size:  297.9 KB
    Name:  08.jpg
Views: 918
Size:  318.7 KB
    Name:  07.jpg
Views: 915
Size:  302.3 KB

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information