Best all-digi G that isn't a *man or square?
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Best all-digi G that isn't a *man or square?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Best all-digi G that isn't a *man or square?

And WHY? Curious what you think.

Re: Best all-digi G that isn't a *man or square?

These are all robust, reliable watches with various features, depending on what you want or need.

GW-2310

G-2310R

Both

GW-2310FB

G-2300EB

G-2900

G-3011

G-7710

3 simultaneous time zones, among it's unique features

G-7700-1

GD-350

GLX-150B

GA-1000

Last edited by yankeexpress; January 23rd, 2016 at 04:57.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexAllen View Post
    This is one of those unanswerable questions like "what's the best motorized vehicle?" Do you want great gas mileage, acceleration and maneuverability? You probably need a motorcycle. Do you want to deliver home appliances like refrigerators and washing machines? You probably need a truck. Do you just want to commute to work in all weather conditions? You probably need a car, or a SUV, and so on.

I've also got multiple answers to the "best all digi G" question, but it again really depends on what the WEARER wants!

I really like solar/atomic models, but for people who don't go outside much, or live near the Arctic Circle, or don't live within range of the six country's radio transmitters, that's not going to be a "best" feature for them.

I used to think the GW-6900 was one of my best G's -- iconic looks, solar/atomic, and it fits nicely on Casio strap adapters, which is nice if you don't want to worry about losing the watch if one springbar breaks. As a side benefit, it makes it really easy to change the look of the watch by changing the strap in seconds, without tools.

Before that, I briefly thought the GW-2310 was one of the best G's -- solar/atomic and (like the GW-6900) it could be purchased for about 60% of the MSRP.

After the GW-6900, I thought the best almost-G's were a couple of Casio Pathfinders -- ALMOST as tough as G-Shocks, they feature cool outdoorsy gadgets, and they also have very large, easy to read displays. One of mine is also solar/atomic, so for me that's even better! Unfortunately, the watch cases themselves are relatively large, so they don't fit well under coat sleeves, but for me they're one of the best choices six months out of the year!

Currently, the best all-digital G in my collection is a customized Multiband 6 MTG-M900. The module has the largest "main display" digit size of any G-Shock, it has all of the most common features (including a 24 hour stopwatch and 24 hour countdown timer), and I replaced the bracelet and stock bezels with a resin strap and more durable bezels.
    idkfa, GaryK30, r00t61 and 2 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

For me its the GD350. Even as my collection has trended much more towards the Master series over time, I think I will always have space for this watch in the collection. Why? Functionality. It has a very readable screen, time in all modes, and a view of the timer while in home time mode. I have found this watch to be more and more the one I reach for anytime I'm doing activities that primarily require use of stopwatch/timer functions. I wear it almost daily for one reason or another. It is my goto as a workout watch, perfect for keeping track of the duration of my dog walk/training sessions, and even helpful to wear around the house at times when I want to be alerted near the end of an Ebay auction. Plus I like the look, and the fact that it has a unique design amongst G's.

Another that comes to mind is the 7900, due to the tide function. I will likely always have one of those in my collection as a kayaking watch.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexAllen View Post

Define "best".
    Mike K and domoon like this.
    Tom

Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more, than the traveling hands of time.

Last edited by AirWatch; January 23rd, 2016 at 14:53.

Bdk

G-7700 or 7710 in my opinion it has the best module of all the g-shocks (for running/training)

Quote Originally Posted by Knives and Lint View Post
    For me its the GD350. Even as my collection has trended much more towards the Master series over time, I think I will always have space for this watch in the collection. Why? Functionality. It has a very readable screen, time in all modes, and a view of the timer while in home time mode. I have found this watch to be more and more the one I reach for anytime I'm doing activities that primarily require use of stopwatch/timer functions. I wear it almost daily for one reason or another. It is my goto as a workout watch, perfect for keeping track of the duration of my dog walk/training sessions, and even helpful to wear around the house at times when I want to be alerted near the end of an Ebay auction. Plus I like the look, and the fact that it has a unique design amongst G's.

Another that comes to mind is the 7900, due to the tide function. I will likely always have one of those in my collection as a kayaking watch.
    I hadn't really considered the GD-350 until I saw these posts by you and yankeexpress. I love the unusual squarish look of the GD-350. For me, the vibration feature and the wings on the strap are pluses. (I also have a G-7900A-4, and I like it a lot.)

One question: Is it possible to have the alarms and countdown timer beep without having the flash alert? I skimmed the module 3403 manual, but I couldn't find anything that said this can be done. It looks like it's either beep/flash or vibration.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryK30 View Post
    One question: Is it possible to have the alarms and countdown timer beep without having the flash alert? I skimmed the module 3403 manual, but I couldn't find anything that said this can be done. It looks like it's either beep/flash or vibration.
    From my experience with the GD350-8, it's an "either or" function.

Name:  gd350-8 061715.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  340.2 KB
    Last edited by EXCALIBUR1; January 23rd, 2016 at 23:46.
    GaryK30 likes this.
    EXCALIBUR1

Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?

Quote Originally Posted by GaryK30 View Post

I think EXCALIUR is right, I don't think you can have the beep without the flash. In the setting screen, you toggle between "FLASH" and "VIB", so I don't see any other option. Honestly, I never even used the vibrating function until I read your question, and tried to see if I could get it to not flash.

BTW, there is a very in depth review of the GD350 by fwupow on YouTube. He goes into great detail, explaining all of the functions and going through each mode. Definitely worth checking out for anyone interested in the watch.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information