Best Analog G-Shock Watch under $250?
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Best Analog G-Shock Watch under $250?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Best Analog G-Shock Watch under $250?

I'm looking for a G-Shock watch that is under $250.00.
    I want it to be:
    -Analog
    -Strong lume for night time or have a good backlight
    Maybe you guys know any other good watches under 250 dollars? I want something indestructible like a G-Shock and that can take some wear and tear.

Cheers, Mike

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Re: Best Analog G-Shock Watch under $250?

GA-100 all black. Awesome watch, except for the fact that the LED doesn't do any good for the digital parts. The hands however, are clearly visible.

cheers
    Chrisek, greg1491 and bezgeo85 like this.
    We are 12.6 %

I may be wrong (guys, please correct me if so), but there is no purely analog, cheap G-Shock which meets your requirement of a high-quality lume, let alone a backlight. Depending on your definition of "high-quality lume" you may not even find an expensive aviator G-Shock that foots the bill. This is a huge omission on the part of CASIO, and one I hope they will soon correct.

So, you are looking at buying an analog-digital watch, and you will have a huge choice there. If you like large watches, then you will have a huge selection to choose from among the G-Shock's whose name starts with GA like the already mentioned 100, but also the 110, 120, 150, 300, etc. in all their various colors.

If you prefer smaller and lighter watches, however, then you are limited to the AWG-(M)100 series (in only a few colors), whose claim to fame (arguably, fame can mean notoriety) is that it is solar and atomic unlike the GA series.

EDIT: You may also want to look at the GA-1000. It is getting up there in price (according to your guideline), but it may be worth it if you don't mind its "frowny face." Its lume is nothing to write home about, but its backlight is quite a sight to behold.
    Last edited by alexs12; January 25th, 2014 at 15:18.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Keep checking on Amazon, you may be able to pick up a discounted gw3000 or gw4000 for around your budget.

Not G-shock but super illuminator of casio MDV-102. I can tell you, the backlight is super bright and awesome. It will definitely cost less than $250.
    Branger63 likes this.
    " A great time piece on your wrist show you are serious of time "

Well if you were prepared to get some older models there are some great tough as teak G Shocks. The MRG-120 and MRG-121s are fantastically well built, all SS or Titanium watches that will last a lifetime. Great value currently and available for a lot less than your budget.

The Giez 500s are great as well with a Titanium screwback case.

[/URL

They all have this great full lume EL.

If you wanted an analogue 'G' with more bells and whistles these older models will give that and a great display when you push the light button.

Mitch
    Last edited by Mitch100; January 25th, 2014 at 15:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch100 View Post

Mitch
    Hi Mitch what is this last model?
    seiko · orient · citizen · casio · timex · rolex · omega · victorinox · apple watch

Children need your help. Please share your blessings...
    GiveDirect -
    https://www.givedirectly.org/
    UNICEF - http://
    www.unicefusa.org
    CARITAS -
    http://www.caritas.org/
    NO KID HUNGRY -
    http://www.nokidhungry.org/
    Save The Children - http://www.savethechildren.org/

I've always wanted a Giez GS-1200m-1ajf, you maybe able to find one of these in the sales forum with the strap in the $ range you have requested. If a metal/resin one is posted i will try to get there first.
    CURRENT COLLECTION
    Seiko-SBDN013,SAGZ011,SBDC005,GW-4000D-1AJF,WC-IRW-M200DTM-7JR​,Citizen-BN0000-04H,Wempe-Zeitmeister-WM60-0001,Ω2200.51.00

Quote Originally Posted by Triton9 View Post
    Not G-shock but super illuminator of casio MDV-102. I can tell you, the backlight is super bright and awesome. It will definitely cost less than $250.

Hey I see those all the time & never realized they have backlights, thanks for pointing that out. The best part about this one is they're everywhere around here, so maybe one could be found whose second hands aren't too far off in person. Just too bad about all the reports here of suddenly losing several minutes at once. Really weird for any quartz. BTW there's two crowns, one dedicated for date I take it?
    This is now a Veda thread.

I recommend GA-1000. It has nice neon light that is not too bright as LED to show adequate information. Especially the tip of the second hand. The digital part is a bonus. It can show dual time quantitatively and visually. And the compass with bearing memory is handy. The prices fell in an affordable range. And there are many color for your like.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1390672580794.jpg
Views: 1650
Size:  111.4 KB

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1390672615968.jpg
Views: 1553
Size:  85.3 KB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information