Best/cheapest Place to buy a Mudman?
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Best/cheapest Place to buy a Mudman?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Best/cheapest Place to buy a Mudman?

I'm replacing my Mudman that was recently stolen and I'm about to just buy it from shopCasio.com. Its getting harder to find for a good price and I don't really feel like driving around to different stores. Before I pay full price, can anyone tell me a reputable place to get it for less? Not too keen on eBay, cause of fakes and stupid return policies. I see it for 159.99 at Casio G Shock Black Mudman Compass Moon Thermometer Watch G9300 1 | eBay and that's a really good price, but some of the negative feedback so far mentions fakes on their knives. Hmmm. I have a coupon code for free shipping from Casio, so that's nice, but its still 40 bucks more than this other place. Anyone have any guidance for me? Amazon isn't that much better on prices and I've hit up all the others I already know like longislandwatch.com, bluedial.com, etc...where should I buy it?
    WPAC Member #35.
    "No Desire to Acquire!"

Re: Best/cheapest Place to buy a Mudman?

They've got TWENTY SEVEN THOUSAND positive feedbacks over the past 12 months, and a 99.8% positive feedback rating, and you're worrying about a couple of people who claim they're selling fake knives?

It's the internet, and there are apparently people who make up bad ratings for a hobby -- in another thread I found a bunch of bad "one star" reviews for a G-Shock on Amazon, and the reasons had nothing to do with the watch.

Personally, I'd feel safe purchasing from this seller, and if there WAS a problem with the watch, getting my money back from eBay Buyer Protection.

Fair enough; you make some good points. I'd almost say it's a "too good to be true" price but I bought my original Mudman for 150.00 from Macy's. At this point in my watch buying, I'm very much a "Buy the seller" buyer, so ANY mention of fakes bothers me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

There's a memeber selling one in the FS section for $129.

Quote Originally Posted by wrightc88 View Post
    There's a memeber selling one in the FS section for $129.
    Saw that one, but for only 30 dollars more, I think I'd rather go with a brand new one in the box...
    J.Harris likes this.
    WPAC Member #35.
    "No Desire to Acquire!"

Well, I ordered it from the eBay seller above. We'll see how it goes...

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

Anybody else notice the spike in GW-9010 resale prices?

Speaking of Mudman pricing, what's the deal with the GW-9010?

For the last several years, this watch has been bumping around the mid $50's for used examples, and new ones touching into $80's on average. Now? Used ones are selling like new prices used to be and NIB examples are going for $125+. I have NO CLUE as to why this is happening, because this isn't an exceptional Mudman... with the only advantage over the GW-9000 being the rally timer. But how many people really use that?
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Re: Anybody else notice the spike in GW-9010 resale prices?

Quote Originally Posted by xevious View Post
    Speaking of Mudman pricing, what's the deal with the GW-9010?

For the last several years, this watch has been bumping around the mid $50's for used examples, and new ones touching into $80's on average. Now? Used ones are selling like new prices used to be and NIB examples are going for $125+. I have NO CLUE as to why this is happening, because this isn't an exceptional Mudman... with the only advantage over the GW-9000 being the rally timer. But how many people really use that?
    Strange. Has it been discontinued?

For that matter, I don't think the G9000-1V is listed on Casio's sites anymore under the current offerings.

I prefer the G9000, never liked the angry look of the G9010.

I just purchased a G9000-1V last week from a seller on ebay for $69.90 that should arrive Monday. He had 100% positive feedback for over 400 sales so I felt pretty good about it.

It's the 4th G-Shock I've bought on ebay this month, all from different sellers in the US, and so far each one has been legit with all the accessories it should come with.

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

Quote Originally Posted by idkfa View Post
    Strange. Has it been discontinued?
    It is located in the "Product Archive" now, so apparently it is discontinued. Although CASIO has a remark saying limited availability at select retailers, but then doesn't provide any other information. Still... so many were made, as the Mudman has long been popular... so just seems weird that there would be a price spike like this.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information