Best place to buy G-Shock?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Cabatisto
  • 1 Post By xevious

Thread: Best place to buy G-Shock?

Best place to buy G-Shock?

I'm in the market for an AWG101-1A, but not in a big hurry to buy. I've witnessed the price rise from ~$80 to ~$110 for this watch on amazon over the last few weeks. So, I'm not sure if this is just a return to normal cost, or what, but it got me to thinking...

Where do the aficionados shop? and/or Where are the best deals these days?

I read a similar thread from 2011, but I wonder if anything has changed in the last year.

My apologies if this is a common post, or if I missed anything recently. I'm ususally lurking around f71 or f74. Thanks!
    Last edited by kyleman; May 29th, 2012 at 17:53.

Re: Best place to buy G-Shock?

also looking for best place to buy.

You may find some info here:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/bes...ck-691314.html

Anyway, after my last week trip to the US, where I visited 3-4 Macy's, some Zumiez and some Kiosk/Jewerly in several shopping malls, I figured out that on-line (whatever means, either Amazon or Ebay or other shops) is cheaper.
    To give you an example: I found in a Jewelry inside Jersey Gardens shopping mall (close to Newark Airport) a GD100 MS for an unbelievable listed 130$. The Lady told me she could go down to 100, but still much more than what I paid at amazon.it (82$).

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

If you tend to buy new watches and want just one G-Shock, to maximize your money you could try on some models in the stores then seek the watch out on-line. Sometimes good deals can be had on eBay or even Amazon, to name just a few. Then there's the smaller on-line stores (or fronts of brick & mortar stores) that carry G-Shocks and periodically run sales.

But, if you're really bitten by the G-Shock bug and expect to buy more new ones in the future, find a local dealer and strike up a relationship. Quite a few members on WUS talk about doing this with their local MACY'S stores, as an example. This can net you special deals in the future, as well as access to limited release items or early buying of new releases.
    kyleman likes this.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

I just went to Macys. Best place? I don't know... but it was convenient.
    If only I had more arms... and deeper pockets!

Amazon.com

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoGMan View Post
    Amazon.com
    I usually end up going with Ebay. I have a fairly long list of eTailer websites and occasionally they have a good deal or a particular model that I can't find anywhere else, but most often they prove to be inconsistent and I end up finding the lowest price and the watch I want on Ebay.
    I almost never wear any watch other than a G-Shock. My collection is listed here-->http://watchshock.com/collection/1471/

Other watches: Invicta Sub-Aqua Venom 5733 & Coalition Forces 0225, Suunto Vector, Traser Mil-G Type 6 P6600 Celebration Edition, Luminox 3059.SAR and a few cheap Timex & Armitron

Thread Information