WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Best place to sell a g-shock??

405 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Tetsu Tekubi 
#1 ·
Hi All

I have a DW-004 for sale but cannot post to the for sale forum yet.
Any suggestions on where I am allowed to post this?

Thanks for your help.

JZ

#2 ·
You're not supposed to post it any place but the Sales forums. :-(

"To initiate a sales post in the Sales Corner as a private seller you must first be registered longer than 90 days and have a minimum of 100 posts in our discussion forums."

You've obviously been here MORE than long enough, but that rule is in place to deter scammers, and apparently the "post count" was raised within the past few months: https://www.watchuseek.com/f530/thoughts-new-post-count-requirements-2513442.html

One point that comes up in that thread a few places is that this primarily an informational and discussion forum that just happens to have a "Sales" section as an extra bonus!

#3 ·
Thanks Mike...figured as much.

I can always just waste my time and forum space and post 1 word posts all over the place to up the count...but i find that is also shady...
guess for now i am left with getting creative enough to generate another 89 posts.

thanks for noticing little old 11 post me ...hahahah

#4 ·
I can always just waste my time and forum space and post 1 word posts all over the place to up the count...but i find that is also shady...
You're not the only one who finds that sort of thing to be shady -- that thread I linked above (and a few other threads in the same section) features several peoples' complaints that moderators deleted a LOT of "speed posts" and "padding posts" recently.

Just hang out here at WUS and have fun, which leads to participation and contribution and you might be amazed at how fast your post count will go up! :) (I'm always a little amazed that I've got thousands of posts -- I came here four years ago to learn how to change a relatively complicated G-Shock's strap, joined WUS simply to say "thanks!" and then just kept hanging around and learning all kinds of useful stuff! ;-) )

#5 ·
The 100 post limit is slightly frustrating if you are a lurker, but the higher barrier to selling would also put of a lot of scammers. An it isn't too hard to reach 100 posts given the depth and breadth of this forum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.