BEST 'readable' negative face GShock?
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: BEST 'readable' negative face GShock?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

BEST 'readable' negative face GShock?

Hey all

Haven't bought a watch recently and having the itch to add a neg face GShock to my smallish collection.

I've checked some at Macy's store and they are hard to read unless you are holding the watch at 90 degrees. On the contrary, I saw some Timex watches that had big bold numbers but the negative face is easier to read than Casio . Is it cos most of the Gshocks (solar) have solar panel on top which creates another layer making the display hard to read? I owned Suunto Ambit back a while ago and it probably had the best negative display but I sold it as it was just 'too much watch' for me.

Kinda ironic to see Casio using negative display on ABC watches like Rangeman/PRW3000 which really makes it impractical (hiking with 50lbs load and need to check altitude..oh wait..let me put my backpack down cos I have to press the light button ).

Any negative display Gshocks out there that are more 'readable' than others? I like the chunky offerings like my G7900.

Thanks.
    Ray
    In current Rotation: Hamilton X-Wind, Orient Mako, Orient Bambino, Timex Ironman, GShock GW7900

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Re: BEST 'readable' negative face GShock?

G-7710, G-7800 (discontinued) and GD-350 are probably the best G's you can have on the (-) side.

cheers
    TheVision likes this.
    We are 12.6 %

Plus One on the GD-350. I bought one to see if I could come to terms with non-solar and have taken it on several winter mountaineering trips. Even in the glare of bright sun, slopes and snowfields, both the main and secondary digits can be seen at a glance.
    TheVision likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TheVision View Post
    Kinda ironic to see Casio using negative display on ABC watches like Rangeman/PRW3000 which really makes it impractical (hiking with 50lbs load and need to check altitude..oh wait..let me put my backpack down cos I have to press the light button ).
    If you're carrying your backpack in your hand, or wearing it so it interferes with the use of your hands, you're probably wearing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Godan View Post
    Plus One on the GD-350. I bought one to see if I could come to terms with non-solar and have taken it on several winter mountaineering trips. Even in the glare of bright sun, slopes and snowfields, both the main and secondary digits can be seen at a glance.
    From all I've seen and read, negative displays excel at readability when the ambient light is BRIGHT -- the problem seems to be when the ambient light ISN'T bright, like in the shade, at dawn/dusk, and indoors in dim rooms.

I love all my negative displays. I think the least readable of mine isn't a Casio. I bought a Citizen Navihawk and the tiny size of the 2 LCD screens make the negative screens hard to read without having to squint.

The most readable to me are my PRW3000 and GW5600BCJ-1

The contrast on the 5600BB makes it easier to read IMHO.

(Dedicated to the pink tiger stripe and the man behind it.)

I second what cal..45 already said above and add to that the various Bluetooth G-Shocks, which have the same type of negative display as the GD-350.

+1 for the GD-350.

 iPad Air

GD-350

Yep. GD-350
    Apple Watch Sport 42mm Space Gray
    G-Shocks: GA-150A-4ACR, DW-5600.
    Citizen Calibre 8700
    Seiko SSB043

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information