Best source for discontinued Casios?
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Watch_Geekmaster

Thread: Best source for discontinued Casios?

Best source for discontinued Casios?

I'm looking for an old AQ-100W. I had one years ago and I'd love to have one again.

Name:  14618-MLB20088616597_052014-O.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  23.4 KB

I keep my eye on eBay, but the ones that turn up there are usually pretty beat up. Are there any online sources that seem to turn up good condition used casios on a regular basis?

Re: Best source for discontinued Casios?

You might want to try this forum's "For Sale" sub-forum and the "Wanted to Buy" sub-section of that: Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors and WTB - Wanted to Buy

Some members here often recommend WatchRecon - The Most Intelligent Search Engine for Private Watch Sales -- I've never really used it, but they don't seem to have any AQ-100's listed now. It seems to be one of those things to check often and/or daily.

Quote Originally Posted by mzmtg View Post
    I'm looking for an old AQ-100W. I had one years ago and I'd love to have one again.

[iurl="https://forums.watchuseek.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3905658&d=1431028553"][/iurl]

I keep my eye on eBay, but the ones that turn up there are usually pretty beat up. Are there any online sources that seem to turn up good condition used casios on a regular basis?
    Forget it.
    I was hunting that watch for years. Ebay is the best place is long discontinued model. But they are beat up and i need LNIB condition.
    I gave up and cooked one for myself
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/my-...topics/1250138

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Try Yahoo Japan Auction, you will need to use a third party to buy on your behalf and send it overseas, I used Buyee recently and had no issues with them

In fact, there is one on Yahoo right now:

アンティーク カシオ アラー.ク .ノグラフ AQ-100Wの腕時計 - ヤフオク!

FromJapan.co.jp is another good site for Yahoo Japan (and other Japanese commerce sites) as well.

I had the same or similar AQ-100W model during my younger years, too. See thread: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/my-...d-1296514.html It was beat up badly and I ended up discarding it, something I regret now. I agree it's pretty hard to find another in good condition. If you really want it back, you can try some of the Japanese sites suggested above by other members. But it could be expensive and not necessary worth it for a cheap plastic watch.

If you're not that desperate for getting the same model back, you can get similar newer watch models which are just as classic looking. Like the AMW-320 suggested above, which is still available new and pretty much the same for the last decade or two. There was a waveceptor variant of the AMW-320 years ago called the WVA-320, which looked even closer to the AQ-100W, but unfortunately that model's very hard to find too. There's also a Japanese only model with waveceptor, WVA-107HJ-1AJF, which I think it's the closest looking watch to the AQ-100W. It's made of plastic resin like the AQ-100W, instead of metal for the 320's. And yes, it's still available easily and cheaply (check out Amazon).

Name:  WVA-107HJ-1AJF.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  40.3 KBName:  wva-320.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  43.7 KBName:  AWM320.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  30.4 KB
    Mike K, G-fob and soulbridgemedia like this.

Thread Information