Between Strap Hole Sizes
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Between Strap Hole Sizes

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    sml

Between Strap Hole Sizes

Picked up a GW5000 a few weeks ago .. very nice but my wrist size is just between the spacing on the strap holes.

Using one hole it is too tight, and using the larger hole it is too loose. I know the hole spacing is quite tight on the band but it just doesn't seem too work :(

Any tricks/ideas?

Re: Between Strap Hole Sizes

the different 5xxx models use different strap sizes, the G-5600 for example uses a different one tham the 5600 E, it´s only a bit but for example teh 5600E fits me nicely while i switch holes on the g-5600s strap all day. The design and lug width is identical. another approach might be to use an aftermarket buckle, they are sometimes longer/shorter and might just give teh desired more or less length.

sml

nice idea .. but the gw5000 strap is super soft & supple while the GWM5600 is plastic .. guess i could put the plastic gwm5600 strap on the gw5000!? :(

buckle might be a good option.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have this problem with several of my G's. I use an exacto knife set to enlarge the hole that is tight. Cut it out a little towards the hole that is too loose. Usually doesnt take much and it makes all the difference in the world. When buckled and on your wrist you cant see the difference. I've noticed several other members do the same thing. I modified my first strap 10 years ago and still wear it occasionally, hasnt made any difference in the life of the strap. Here is a pic of one I modified.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by greg1491; September 23rd, 2012 at 14:20.
    Greg

Seeing as I lost about 20lbs, I've been inbetween hole sizes in all my watches, I don't feel like hacking the straps, so just purchase custom straps and/or run the NATO adapter If not I just wear em a bit loose
    -Coi- instagram @kandyredcoi / Facebook

I know exactly what you mean, there was one or two of my G's where I was in between holes and it was really irritating but it wasn't that bad after all it was only a couple of them. Unfortunately I've not been well recently and have lost about 12kg/26lbs in 2 months, I've now found that watches that used to fit perfectly are now in between holes, it really, truly sucks. The GW5600J is one of the ones which now doesn't quite fit right, I am gutted as it was my favourite. I don't see me putting the weight back on any time soon so I'm at a loss as to what to do. I don't really want to cut the strap holes out as I have over 80 G-Shocks and that is a mammoth task.

sml

sorry to hear that. hope you get better soon.

nice collection.

i'm not going to be able to bring myself to cut the straps either.

One of these days I'll use a file to make this look pretty, but for now at least it works a treat.

Name:  IMG_3180.jpg
Views: 1341
Size:  500.5 KB

Dobber, I hope you're feeling/getting better! ;)

Same dilemma here.

What i usually do in the morning before i go to work, i make my G-Shock band one hole size loose and then i push the watch towards my arm to tighten it. I havent thought about cutting holes on the band yet but greg1491's idea looks pretty convincing.
    Wearing a different G-SHOCK ​everyday.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information