Big Displays for old eyes

Thread: Big Displays for old eyes

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Big Displays for old eyes

Searching out my next purchase and I am wondering what are some of the GShocks with larger displays? For some of my more athletic pursuits it would be nice if I had a display large enough for my old eyes to see without my glasses on.

Any ideas?

Re: Big Displays for old eyes

Hi Newton,

look at the G7500 Serie, big Digits and great contrast.

here my golden one (sorry, pikture isnt sharp):

servus
    Klaus

I "sympathize" fully with you (not with the reason for your predicament). I have the same problem, basically I find it very difficult to read my watch without the prescription reading glasses I have on my nose most of the day (but that does not include when "moving around", and that is exactly the moment I usually must know the time, "whether to run for the train or not"...)

The best G-Shock, for clarity of display is probably my new atomic Gw-Gulfman. It has a very clear display, and the digits are rather large. Even larger is the lettering of my GL-5600 (or any other "standard " non-reverse display of the classic 5600 series: large digits, well visible.

But, in spite of slightly smaller digits, the Gulfman is the best one I have. Not only because of "readability", but also because the time is always right (atomic), and other "good and convenient" reasons. The only drawback is the slightly more expensive nature of this watch (abt. $250-300 range).

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The G-7500 definitely has some MONSTER SIZED digits. Very easy to read.

It's not a G' ..............

But I can read this one even from a distance in all conditions. I run with it, and don't need to take my glasses.

Kurt

I know this is the G-Shock forum but our friends at Timex offer some of the best large digit sport oriented watches. Here is just one example.

Good hunting and good luck.

you guys are lucky!

I need lenses or glasses.
    have -8 and -7 with astigmatism on my lenses.. without my lenses I need the object to be 15cm (5.9Inch) or closer to my eyes to see it clearly.

I received my PRG80 yesterday and Im really happy about the size of the digits. Big and Clear. Easy to read from a distance (with my lenses).
    /CutePape
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.” - James Byron Dean

I've had my eye on the PRG80 for awhile now. Tried one on at Sams Club and I pretty much dig it. The 7500 series looks awesome as well. I know I know......only one thing to do. So thats one more Mudman, a Gulfman, a 7500, and a PRG 80. Explain to me again how come this is more affordable than collecting mechanicals. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Newton View Post
    I've had my eye on the PRG80 for awhile now. Tried one on at Sams Club and I pretty much dig it. The 7500 series looks awesome as well. I know I know......only one thing to do. So thats one more Mudman, a Gulfman, a 7500, and a PRG 80. Explain to me again how come this is more affordable than collecting mechanicals. lol
    You run out of storage space quicker. Good choice(s) by the way.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by cutepape View Post
    you guys are lucky!

I need lenses or glasses.
    have -8 and -7 with astigmatism on my lenses.. without my lenses I need the object to be 15cm (5.9Inch) or closer to my eyes to see it clearly.
    Wow, that's a serious correction. I'm -4.25 both eyes and I thought I had a big correction. Good news is that as you get older your distance vision should improve. Mine has.

cheers
    Go Dortmund!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information