WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

biggest/heaviest entry level G

Tags
dw6900 g2300
4K views 30 replies 18 participants last post by  Sili 
#1 ·
Atomic not necessary, but Solar would be nice. Looking for something to replace my frog, and the 5600e's aren't quite big enough for my wrist. Maybe I'll have to go with one of the bottom of the line protreks, but it won't have solar (for what I will spend on this one).

Any suggestions?

#13 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions

Went by WalMart this morning, and as advertised the 6900 was indeed the biggest G in the case. They no longer had the 2300, but hopefully I can find one 2300 in person at a different store, or at least a side-by-side shot next to a Frog around here. Only nitpick I have with the 2300 is the different color L.C.D. "window tints", minor issue. Especially considering it's a fraction of the Frogs price.

Thanks again.

#19 ·
#15 ·
I'm not big on atomics because of their weird display fonts, but if I do I might make it a gw300 (which is $40 at the site you linked). But the 2300 is hard to deny since it's set up is so similar to the frog it will be replacing. So I still have to see it in person first or a photo comparison to the frog.

Really I'm just hesitant after ordering the 5600e and let down at it being SO small (comparatively). I think all of these are at least going to be bigger than that one anyways.

Thanks!

#17 ·
Atomic not necessary, but Solar would be nice. Looking for something to replace my frog, and the 5600e's aren't quite big enough for my wrist. Maybe I'll have to go with one of the bottom of the line protreks, but it won't have solar (for what I will spend on this one).

Any suggestions?
MTG-900 is a fairly big watch I got mine on clearance from wallmart for 70.00

Attachments

#18 ·
I can't believe we mentioned the 6900 but not the 6600. It's exactly the same size and weight but it has a different module that you might like better or not. I just got my first one and haven't even worn it yet. This is a pic of a 6600.

Not my photos

#22 ·
Appreciate it F.W., think I'll order a gw300 from them. I handled it this weekend. Not quite as big as my Frog, but almost as thick. Feels much more substantial than the 5600e anyways. Yeah G.B.C., resin if it's a G. For S.S., I'd just assume it be a seiko or something.

Thanks all for the suggestions!

#24 ·
L.O.L. yeah that's awesome, probably hard to find now if it's too vintage (trying to minimize costs here). What's the model number B.T.W.? It reminds me of one in particular I always wanted for which I'd make a S.S. exception- the Sea Pathfinder, that thing was huge and super heavy, with a screwdown caseback. But unfortunately it costs as much as a frogman.

I pretty much just ruined myself making a frogman my first G Shock. NOt much else is going to measure up going from that. So it's either accept shelling out the $200 again for another, or get used to something less. Either way, the gw300 has ordered. We'll see how it works. I already know it's more size/heft for the same price as that 5600e (which was hardly bigger than the walmart non-G casios)!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.