birds and dogs and cats and my new G-Shock

Thread: birds and dogs and cats and my new G-Shock

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

birds and dogs and cats and my new G-Shock

Got my first G-Shock today, the GW300A-1VCF. Not just good-looking for a G-Shock, which was my opinion when I ordered it and only had a photo for reference, BUT good-looking period now I have it on my wrist. Love the red detailing. Comfy too. When I first strapped it on I looked over at my mechanicals enjoying the ferris wheel ride on my winder and thought "what the heck am I doing with all those?" Like I had this menagerie of exotic expensive and tempermental birds and a more mundane and frugal pet withperfect ideal temperament waltzed into my life. Urge to open the window and let the damn birds take their persnickety selves elsewhere, persecute someone else! Not that I'd do anything of the sort but the fact I fantasized it for a moment says a lot about my new G-Shock.

Sean

Re: birds and dogs and cats and my new G-Shock

Ive found that my tastes ebb and flow. Believe it or not at one time I was down to jsut a few Gs. i have re built.... LOL...

sometimes I like those "classy looking" shiny autos... sometimes I dig my ABC watches... sometimes i just want the reliability and sheer toughness of a G...

Variety is a good thing!
    Suunto... Replacing Luck!

I wore my black monster today to go out for dinner with my dad, and do some shopping. As much as I still really love that watch, I missed the 'safe' feeling of not having to worry about bumping and scratching it.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

When wearing the Orange Monster I feel less worried about bumping it than most 'G's! At least it doesn't have resin to be gouged.

Would like to see a pic of it too please!

It is my going out watch also.

Watches are frickin evil!

When I wear my 007 seiko diver I wonder "why do I still bother wearing this"? For pets sake this is a technology that was WAY passed by the time...

Than I got back to G and realize that they're SO MUCH BETTER! Solar , atomic, always accurate, no nonsense watch that does what a watch is supposed to do... show accurate time and date all the time ...

My mechanical never needs battery either but it's NEVER accurate.

Strange how that goes... and yet automatic are still popular and show no signs of slowing down...

Wierd. In a sense... but that's ok... I'll stick with G... rest of the world can wear whatever they want.

Quote Originally Posted by hoochy View Post
    When wearing the Orange Monster I feel less worried about bumping it than most 'G's! At least it doesn't have resin to be gouged.

Would like to see a pic of it too please!

It is my going out watch also.
    Best I can do I'm afraid. I no doubt worry too much about it, but being mechanical it is more fragile than a G, and also a scratched bezel would annoy me more than a scratch on a G would.

I ordered a steel bracelet yesterday from Singapore. I should have got it on the steel but I was impatient. I managed to get a new one for about £15 anyway, which seems very reasonable.

"The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by duke4c View Post
    Strange how that goes... and yet automatic are still popular and show no signs of slowing down...

Wierd. In a sense... but that's ok... I'll stick with G... rest of the world can wear whatever they want.
    I've been fascinated by clockwork since I was a child. Relatives used to save their old watches and clocks for me to play with. I also like the sound of a ticking watch. I sometimes sit and stare at a watch movement, either on my Seiko5's see through back or an opened up Vostok. There's nothing logical about it at all, it's just a 'thing'.

In the case of the BM, I also think it looks fantastic. That said, I now wear G-Shocks at least 90% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexxorcist View Post
    I've been fascinated by clockwork since I was a child. Relatives used to save their old watches and clocks for me to play with. I also like the sound of a ticking watch. I sometimes sit and stare at a watch movement, either on my Seiko5's see through back or an opened up Vostok. There's nothing logical about it at all, it's just a 'thing'.

In the case of the BM, I also think it looks fantastic. That said, I now wear G-Shocks at least 90% of the time.
    O I do take my auto for a spin every once in a while but I have no issues wearing metal G when going out. Comments on solar / atomic G are ALWAYS nothing but positive. Nod and "all you really need" is the comment I get 100% of the time.

no doubt I bought the G-Shock as a beater but truth is whether I pay $45 or $1000 for a watch--and I like it--I don't want it beat up. Most of my watches are brushed stainless and that can easily be fixed if scratched and most have sapphire crystal, which I've never managed to scratch. (A scratched crystal would bother me more than anything.) Obviously the G-Shock, being mineral glass, is more likely to scratch, though its recessed glass offers protection from that. And its low price makes replacement pretty painless.

Sean

Thanks for the pic Lex!

It's hard to explain but there is something special about the monster, from the minute you open the box it oozes quality. Its weighty, solid and just feels great and I think looks great.

Don't get me wrong, Im a G man and wear them daily but I put on the monster for nights out. And you will enjoy the steel bracelet, its solid and feels great, doesn't even pinch your arm hair! lol

Sorry to go off topic!

Watches are frickin evil!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information