Birthday with the Frogman - Page 2
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Birthday with the Frogman

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Birthday with the Frogman

Cool another Sagittarian who likes watches

Hop you had a good one

Quote Originally Posted by GTR83 View Post
    In tradition of Sagittarian birthdays then it is customary to post a thread about a birthday watch. So it happens that today is my birthday and I also received the most awesome gift possible: a GF-1000BP from very kind WUS member pokuan77. It got held in customs for 4 or 5 working days, of course this is not the fault of the seller at all. Then today took a 6-kilometer, 90-minute trip (can you believe it?) to the post officeto retrieve this beast of a G-Shock.Sorry for the boring single photo thread but I am trying to locate my digital camera and take better shots of it ASAP. Maybe do a pseudo-unboxing too! The reason I skipped doing unboxing photos even with my crappy BlackBerry camera is, it is obvious that this watch was not only HANDLED by the Customs guys, but FONDLED and possibly GROPED too. The box is not in good condition at all, and the wrapping which was originally excellent was also re-wrapped in quite a Barbarian way, so I'm not going to try to make your dinner taste bad.

johnny.bravus, sorry for getting this one ahead of you - and yschow, now we're even!!! Will update the thread ASAP with more pictures and possibly a mini-review as soon as I manage to clear my head from being starstruck by this watch. It is too awesome I tell you!

The first picture I took after I got it from the post office.
    Attachment 577403

A better wrist shot. You may notice that my wrist looks different in the two pics, but I assure you, they are both my wrists.
    Attachment 577419

More pics and impressions to come!

What a nice group of replies to wake up to, thanks for all the birthday wishes and here's to many many happy returns (to the G-Shock store LOL). Still haven't had the time to take some proper photos.

@jackowacko: there's talk that we're going there on January, let's hope I can spare some time to meet local G-Units!

@JonL: liking your combination of long sleeve shirt and BP Frog, that's quite an inspiration for today's work clothes

Everyone else, especially those that also have the BP Frog, thank you for inspiring me to get this one - this colorway is the best IMO.
    GTR stands for George The Rabid. Fanboy of COSC (Casio - Orient - Seiko - Citizen, in that order )

Happy birthday George you fellow Sagittarian you! whats the deal with these G's turning up on our birthdays yo? Thats an awesome birthday present bruv. Enjoy your Frogman and your day and have a slice of cake on me lol!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Finally you did it George!

Not only even, is an official member of the DP Frogman Club! Welcome to the Club....

And not forget I wish you a Happy "Froggie" Birthday!!!!

cheers,

yschow
    Last edited by yschow; December 15th, 2011 at 07:48.
    Current Collections (G-Shock, Protrek & Others)
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/members/yschow/albums/

*Wish List: ​Completed

@Mike: now please do me a favor and poison my mind to get a G for Christmas instead of a Seiko. Quick, you only have less than 2 weeks remaining!

@Chow: my birthday was actually a pretty bad day, got stuck in traffic for maybe 5 or 6 hours in total during that day. And the events at work that day was simply a PITA. Of course the Frogman was the hero of the day! So, which Frog are we getting next - maybe wait until a Smoke Grey Frogman appears through the shadows?
    GTR stands for George The Rabid. Fanboy of COSC (Casio - Orient - Seiko - Citizen, in that order )

I'm so sorry for beibg too late. Happy birthday George! Congratulations on your amazing Frogman too. Nothing is as good as a Frog for a birthday gift

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    "There are two things no man will admit he cannot do well: drive and make love."~ Sir Stirling Moss

Thanks Morteza, it was not technically a gift since I paid for it, but of course the joy itself is worth more than any gift!

Don't worry, Casio give us a lot of surprise on this new Frogman. Probably next year will be the 30th Anniversary Frogman? If not, may be a Khaki Green Frogman GF-1000KG-3DR will surface soon? It's time to put an Olive Green flavor to the Frog after the Burning Red Series.

Cheers,

Chow
    Last edited by yschow; December 16th, 2011 at 03:26.
    Current Collections (G-Shock, Protrek & Others)
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/members/yschow/albums/

*Wish List: ​Completed

Sweet Frogman, I am envious to the max, looks good on you man.
    It happens sometimes. People just explode. Natural causes.

@ George, A SEIKO! Go and wash your mouth out young lad, RIGHT NOW lol! So it is said that guys are visual types so let the eye candy ensue Hahahaha and if you need to be convinced even more, you can get the 1000BS and race me to the Christmas day Frogman unboxing thread, I dear ya, no no, I DOUBLE dare ya bruv!
    Mike

Pics courtesy of benjomd because he has THE BEST pics of the 1000 series Frogman on the net FACT!
    Attached Images Attached Images

johnny.bravus likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information