Birthday with the Frogman
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Birthday with the Frogman

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Birthday with the Frogman

In tradition of Sagittarian birthdays then it is customary to post a thread about a birthday watch. So it happens that today is my birthday and I also received the most awesome gift possible: a GF-1000BP from very kind WUS member pokuan77. It got held in customs for 4 or 5 working days, of course this is not the fault of the seller at all. Then today took a 6-kilometer, 90-minute trip (can you believe it?) to the post officeto retrieve this beast of a G-Shock.Sorry for the boring single photo thread but I am trying to locate my digital camera and take better shots of it ASAP. Maybe do a pseudo-unboxing too! The reason I skipped doing unboxing photos even with my crappy BlackBerry camera is, it is obvious that this watch was not only HANDLED by the Customs guys, but FONDLED and possibly GROPED too. The box is not in good condition at all, and the wrapping which was originally excellent was also re-wrapped in quite a Barbarian way, so I'm not going to try to make your dinner taste bad.

johnny.bravus, sorry for getting this one ahead of you - and yschow, now we're even!!! Will update the thread ASAP with more pictures and possibly a mini-review as soon as I manage to clear my head from being starstruck by this watch. It is too awesome I tell you!

The first picture I took after I got it from the post office.
    Name:  IMG-20111213-00054.jpg
Views: 677
Size:  376.2 KB

A better wrist shot. You may notice that my wrist looks different in the two pics, but I assure you, they are both my wrists.
    Name:  IMG-20111213-00059.jpg
Views: 637
Size:  523.9 KB

More pics and impressions to come!
    Last edited by GTR83; December 13th, 2011 at 15:30.
    GTR stands for George The Rabid. Fanboy of COSC (Casio - Orient - Seiko - Citizen, in that order )

Re: Birthday with the Frogman

Glad to hear you're having a blast on your birthday! Great post, George. But yeah, sorry to hear about the crocs messing with your frog though.

Well, at least it's with you now. And it seems like it doesn't have a scratch on it.

Oh, wait... look closely on the right part of the bezel... is that a nick?

Just fooling with you. LOL. Enjoy your new frog, and have a happy birthday.
    GTR83 likes this.
    best regards,

Kirk M.

GWF-1000-1JF
    GDF-100
    GW-9110-1JF
    GW-9400BJ-1JF
    GD-350-1JF
    G-700D
    DW-9052
    DW-9500
    DW-5900
    DW-7400

Damn, one more race lost... you guys are too fast for me. It´s awesome George, but I guess you alredy knew that I would say that. Happy birthday my dear friend! Best wishes for you and your new freankin´gorgeus watch. Even that he was molested by the customs guys, that perverts....

Big relief you saying that both are your wrists, at least you didn´t cut off someone´s arm...
    Last edited by johnny.bravus; December 13th, 2011 at 15:44.
    GTR83 likes this.

Go Team Bravus!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by KVM888 View Post
    Glad to hear you're having a blast on your birthday! Great post, George. But yeah, sorry to hear about the crocs messing with your frog though.

Well, at least it's with you now. And it seems like it doesn't have a scratch on it.

Oh, wait... look closely on the right part of the bezel... is that a nick?

Just fooling with you. LOL. Enjoy your new frog, and have a happy birthday.
    Haha, did not notice that nick or did I? Thanks mate, the seller described it as being 90% but I'll say that this is more than 90%. Also got a good price for it so I'm a happy camper!

Quote Originally Posted by johnny.bravus View Post
    Damn, one more race lost... you guys are too fast for me. It´s awesome George, but I guess you alredy knew that I would say that. Happy birthday my dear friend! Best wishes for you and your new freankin´gorgeus watch. Even that he was molested by the customs guys, that perverts....
    Still this can't be called Tsipping yet since I only got one colorway! Thanks a lot johnny, I know you were going to say it is awesome, so now please get one too before you start getting midnight headaches
    GTR stands for George The Rabid. Fanboy of COSC (Casio - Orient - Seiko - Citizen, in that order )

Hehe, I already am...
    Mine should be here next week. Until then, I have lots of advil here.
    Last edited by johnny.bravus; December 13th, 2011 at 16:35.

Go Team Bravus!!

Great watch, probably the best of the 1000-series frogs that are readily available.

Congrats!! I love my BP Frog and can't wait to get some BR resin for it. Nothing like the feel of a hunk of Stainless Steel on your wrist!
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

Happy Birthday GTR83. What a great looking Frog for BD present. I love mine BP Frog too. Like its heavy weight.

Happy Bday bro! Drop by our sunny island soon yah!
    i have gone over to the Darkside!

Awesome choice! I just got my new GWF-1000BP for my birthday this past Friday too! Hasn't come off yet. My favorite 1000 Frogman has up to this point been my BR, but now after the BP has arrived it has taken the top spot. Heck right now it's my favorite G! I am finding the BP can be easily worn in many environments. Enjoy!

GTR83 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information