black dawn rising

Thread: black dawn rising

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

black dawn rising

hi all, was just wondering what are peoples thoughts on the dawn black and rising white series that we have seen so far for the 25th anniversary releases... anyone else got pieces in these series? do post em if you do as more "live" shots of these watches would be great

a few my pics below of my new arrival(looking to post more over the weekend). for me personally, having got the all white froggie, not much in the rising white series appealed to me much. the dawn black frogman though caught my eye and the rest is history... the gold tints and hue are subtle and i like it that way. the shiny bits at the 1,5,730 and 10 o'clock positions are all gold hued too although sometimes it may be difficult to see it in pics.

cheers
    raph

Re: black dawn rising

Very nice! Congrats
    Wear what you like.

Wink Re: black dawn rising

Hi Raph,

I love that Frogman. The gold accents are very nice. I like the whole series (as I also have them all). The Rising White seres do look great too,. The DW-5025B and GW-5525B look very good. I ordered the last one. I wished I had more funds for the DW-5025B too, as it is a re-release of the DW-5000 with screwback. That makes it a special watch. Congrats on your Frogman. It's the Flagship of the 25th Anniversary series as far as we know the models now. I'm wondering what's next Noon Yellow? I would like that and a Dusk red maybe It's not yet April 2008 and there are quiet some speculations among Japanese coklectors (as a maybe re-release of the Jason).

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Love mine, have it on right now in fact .......... Stealthy and distinctive all at the same time !

Kurt

WOW.. I want one!!!

So, Sjors.... what do you think? Will Casio manufacture another Frogman model one day or will I have to pay the big bucks to buy one that has already been manufactured?

-Gawain
    Orient: Black Mako (FEM65001BW)
    G-Shock: DW9052-2V, DW56RT-1V, G2500-3V, DW-9700UL-9T, DW-003S, DW-003H-9T, G9000-MX4, DW-004, GW-9200RJ-4JF, G-5500SRF
    Seiko: SKX781 Orange Monster, SNK807 Seiko 5, SUN017P1, SNP105 (incoming)
    Tissot: PRC200
    Other: Stuhrling Skeleton (1070.33161)

"Don't wait for the perfect moment, take this moment and make it perfect."
    ---Dr. Simon Atkins

"Reality is an illusion, albeit a persistent one."
    ---Albert Einstein

"The capper is that, like life, golf is a game that can't be won, only played."
    ---Bagger Vance

Here's a shot of mine. I'm probably in the minority when I say I'm a little disappointed in this release. 25 years is a pretty significant anniversary and you'd think that they would have gone all out for this watch. Instead, there are just some minor cosmetic attributes that distinguish it as a special model. I do like the gold case, but it would have been cool if they commemorated the model with maybe a new module, or used an older original case style, or even issued something in all steel. Additionally, it would be neat if in the packaging, they could have included some literature showing the evolution of the G Shock line over the past 25 years.

That said, it is a Frogman, and all of them are pretty cool!

Sjors I really need to know how many G-shocks u have and how much you think you've spent on acquiring soooo many of em Having the whole dawn black series is simply amazing and I do like the DW-5025B and the GW-5525B in the rising white series, both look really good.

Interesting to see what more models they come up with. Bad for the bank balance though

Kurt, great pics and thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by raphmeister View Post
    and how much you think you've spent on acquiring soooo many of em
    Nobody in their right mind would keep a tally of that...
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Quote Originally Posted by petew View Post
    Here's a shot of mine. I'm probably in the minority when I say I'm a little disappointed in this release. 25 years is a pretty significant anniversary and you'd think that they would have gone all out for this watch. Instead, there are just some minor cosmetic attributes that distinguish it as a special model. I do like the gold case, but it would have been cool if they commemorated the model with maybe a new module, or used an older original case style, or even issued something in all steel. Additionally, it would be neat if in the packaging, they could have included some literature showing the evolution of the G Shock line over the past 25 years.

That said, it is a Frogman, and all of them are pretty cool!
    Hi Pete, I hear you on doing more with the anniversary series... I think us collectors always expect more from limited or special edition watches rather than simple cosmetic changes and rightly so as we are paying top $$$ for them but the watch companies know what they can get away with and this watch is probably doing brisk sales as they had hoped for.

Hopefully more will be done with the other commemorative series coming out or not as it means I will have to buy more and more of them

cheers
    raph

this is one of the must haves! i have ordered mine and will come in 2 weeks! HURRAY! unfortunately some of mine are stuck in the postal service. the UK Royal mail are on strike! they claim they the strike has stopped, but things are slow. im expected 2 watches but none has arrived for 1 week already!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information