BlackSPOTS DISPUTE. MY SIDE OF THE STORY!!

Thread: BlackSPOTS DISPUTE. MY SIDE OF THE STORY!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

BlackSPOTS DISPUTE. MY SIDE OF THE STORY!!

As it is, it is only human to take sides. And when there is only one side, there is hardly a choice. Now I will give my side of the story. I did not want to involve WUS members because there was no need to. Only Paypal could redress me. Now, the seller has not only decided to invite the compassion from WUS members, he has decided to draw first blood when I have only held my tongue.

It all started with the Blackspots he had put up. He wasn't able to sell it at the price he wanted, which was about 425 USD.So he reduced it to 395USD. I asked for a dicount further as all buyers naturally would be inclined to. He wouldn't budge. We agreed on 395USD.

He said his girlfriend would be coming down to Singapore and could pass me the watch. I said let's do a cash and carry then. HE SAID HE COULDN'T PASS THE WATCH TO HER GIRLFRIEND BECAUSE I HAD JUST MISSED HER BECAUSE HE JUST SENT HER TO THE AIRPOT HALF AN HOUR BEFORE MY PM. He insisted on me making payments through Paypal first and then pass me the watch.

He then said the Black Spots was sold after I was to Pay for it. Now he had put up the watch to be sold more than a month ago - IF YOU TRY TO SEARCH FOR THAT THREAD. IT IS GONE! YOU CAN ONLY SEE THE THREAD FROM 2 WEEKS AGO - he said it was still available when I was to pay for it and then turned around and said it was GONE but he has another EXACTLY like the picture. One exactly like the picture, in a slightly better condition but still with hair line scratches like the first. He says he will sell it to me at 425 USD I relented and went ahead.

Now I bought the watch because I like the Blackspots but I had a problem with the scratches. he said, THE SCRATCHES CAN BE REMOVED BY BUFFING. By that and that THE WATCH IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION WITH ORIGINAL BOX AND PAPERS. I bought it for 425USD and waited for it's arrival.

It arrived. There was no outer box. No biggie. No tag, no biggie. But I had to ask because he said it came with original box and papers and I would take it that it had everything because he did not write "with original box and papers, without the outer box and without tag. and by papers, I mean manual'. I would say that mislead. But no problem. I just had to make sure the hairlinecould be removed. The condition on the photos looked good There wasn't even visible hairlines. I went to the Casio Service Centre and they said it could NOT BE DONE.

A watch if we are to pay hundreds of dollars for ought to retain at least it's integrity of the face not having any scratches. he said there were and that IT CAN BE REMOVED THROUGH BUFFING BUT IT CANNOT!!!

I cannot accept that! Can you??

So I asked for a refund through Paypal. It has been declined but I will fight on. Since he is intent on you guys being the judge, be the judge.

First of all, to account I am not a scammer as you guys would think I am. I have bought a glorious gold frogman from cocobat, a Real Black from nick h, and GG again from alex lui of WUS. I have never pulled stunts. If I wanted to scam I would have with Nick with his Real Black because it costs more. All I wanted was a watch that can be compromised on other things but just no a unremovable Scratch on the face. A scratch he claimed can be removed but cannot in the end.

Now about this seller.

I said Suspect Character. Why?

1. Was going to do a cash and carry. Then he said I was minutes too late, the girlfriend just left. let's do Paypal instead.
    2. Was going to sell it to me at 395 but suddenly sold to someone else. Pay 425 instead for a similar piece.

WHEN I BEGAN TO SUSPECT HIS CHARCTER AND THAT NO2. ABOVE MIGHT HAVE BEEN A RUSE FOR ME TO PAY MORE, I ASKED FOR PAYPAL EVIDENCE FOR THAT FIRST SPOTS SALE. HE SAID THERE WERE NONE. HE WAS PAID BY CHEQUE. I SAID FINE, THEN SURELY YOU HAVE CORRESPONDENCE WITH HIM THROUGH EMAIL OR PMS THAT YOU CAN FORWARD ME

NO MENTIONED WAS EVER MADE BY HIM ABOUT THE ABOVE.

I DID NOT PURSUE.

They could be so true and coincidental, that's why I said suspect, I didnt say confirmed.

Re the integrity of the transaction and grounds for a refund.

MAIN THING,

1. He said scratch CAN be buffed out. It CANNOT!!

You mean if I tell you the engine can work after servicing when i sell you a car and when it is beyond servicing, it is ok? No grounds for return?
    Yes, you will say scratch on a face isn't the engine , maybe the functions and batteries are, I BEG TO DIFFER. One of the chief characteristics of a Frogman is it's beauty and appearance. Why would csio release so many different versions for? Why would you get a brazillian frogman and still get a carbon Frog or Dawn black?? Function is the same. It's for the Beauty of a frog. Most frog enthusiast, I GUARANTEE you will have more than 1 frog or desire more than 1 FROG. WHY?? The BEAUTY!!!

If the Beauty you tell me can be rectified and it cannot, i BELIEVE I HAVE grounds for a return and a refund!!!! MOREOVER, IF YOU GIVE ME MISLEADING INFORMATION (MORE THAN ONE AND ONCE) , DOES THAT NOT TO SOME DEGREE COME TO BEING FRAUDULENT BEHAVIOR???

SHOW ME PROOF OF THAT CORRESPONDENCE IN YOUR EMAILS OF THAT FIRST SELLER. YOU CLAIM HIS HAS HAIRLINE SCRATCHES AS WELL AND CLAIMED MY WATCH IS IN A BETTER CONDITION THAN HIS ERGO THE HIGHER COST, THEN IF MY SCRATCHES CANNOT BE REMOVED, HIS ALL THE MORE CANNOT. TELL HIM TO COME TO WUS AND CLARIFY. MAYBE WE CAN BOTH WORK ON RETURNS AND REFUNDS AND IF CANNOT, WE CAN AT LEAST CRY ON EACH OTHER'S SHOULDERS LIKE KINDRED VICTIMS.

LASTLY, YOU TOLD WUS MEMBERS THAT THE PHOTOS AND DESCRIPTION ARE BEST TO YOUR ABILITIES. BUT IF MY WATCH IS A SECOND SIMILAR WATCH, THAT MEANS IT IS NOT FROM THE ORIGINAL PHOTOS YOU POSTED. THAT MEANS YOU SHOWED WUS MEMBERS REFERENCES AND EVIDENCES THAT WERE MISLEADING AND FALSE. THE ORIGINAL PHOTOS ALREADY SHOW LESS SCRATCHES. MINE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE BETTER CONDITION . SO YOU WUS MEMBERS OUT THERE WHO SAW THE ORIGINAL AD CANNOT MAKE JUDGEMENTS BASED ON THE ORIGINAL PHOTOS HE PUT UP BECAUSE AS HE SAID, THAT WAS NOT THE WATCH HE SOLD ME. MINE'S A SECOND PIECE.

WUS, go be the judge!!!!

Re: BlackSPOTS DISPUTE. MY SIDE OF THE STORY!!

There seems to have been one big red flag on this deal prior to you ever sending any money to the seller. The whole 'first one sold but I have another' thing. Sounds like bull to me. I'm just giving my opinion here but maybe it didn't sit well with the seller to only get 395.00 for the watch so he bumped you with his 'story'. You had your exit right here but chose to push on.

Scratches were disclosed so you knew that the piece was not pristine. oldko, I'm not busting your chops here but you're hanging on the 'scratches can be polished out' statement from the seller. My question to you is: How do you know that the seller has any idea what he's talking about?

I feel for you on this on but maybe, if you have to keep the watch, you just look at it as a piece that you'll wear and after a while you'll put your own marks on it and this whole thing won't really matter.

#1 you had a "gut" feeling and about it being the same as the first watch (no doubt) that you should of thought about it a little more.# 2 you should of contacted the sellar FIRST before opening a dispute.Always give someone a chance to fix things first .

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Question Re: BlackSPOTS DISPUTE. MY SIDE OF THE STORY!!

1. The seller had no duty to sell you the first watch. He sold the first watch to the first buyer that agreed to his terms. You were indecisive, and he sold the first watch to a more decisive buyer.

2. The seller was free to increase (or decrease) the price of the second watch until it was sold. You were indecisive, and the seller raised his price.

3. The seller was willing to do a cash-and-carry transaction. You were indecisive, and that offer was rescinded because it was no longer possible.

4. If you live so close to a Casio Service Center, then why didn't you visit or call the center before purchasing to ask whether crystal scratches on G-Shocks can be rectified with buffing?

5. A quick search of the archives here will reveal countless complaints about the incompetence of Casio Service Centers in multiple countries. Why do you accuse the seller of dishonesty? And why do you assume competence on the part of a customer service agent whose credentials are unknown?
    "I bet you're a big Lee Marvin fan."

just wear the watch and take good care of it. unless you want to cash in by selling it in the future.....

FrogmanFreak -- did you tell oldko the scratch could be removed?

I will have to go along with the others on this one to.You did know about the scratches so that fault of the the watch transferred over to you.Even if he gave you his opinion on the scratch being able to be buffed out.I myself would not have even bought the watch with a scratch in the crystal,unless i got it next to nothing. You gotta move on now,you goofed up.
    Mike

Lightbulb Re: BlackSPOTS DISPUTE. MY SIDE OF THE STORY!!

Quote Originally Posted by oldko View Post
    As it is, it is only human to take sides. And when there is only one side, there is hardly a choice. Now I will give my side of the story. I did not want to involve WUS members because there was no need to. Only Paypal could redress me. Now, the seller has not only decided to invite the compassion from WUS members, he has decided to draw first blood when I have only held my tongue.

It all started with the Blackspots he had put up. He wasn't able to sell it at the price he wanted, which was about 425 USD.So he reduced it to 395USD. I asked for a dicount further as all buyers naturally would be inclined to. He wouldn't budge. We agreed on 395USD.

He said his girlfriend would be coming down to Singapore and could pass me the watch. I said let's do a cash and carry then. HE SAID HE COULDN'T PASS THE WATCH TO HER GIRLFRIEND BECAUSE I HAD JUST MISSED HER BECAUSE HE JUST SENT HER TO THE AIRPOT HALF AN HOUR BEFORE MY PM. He insisted on me making payments through Paypal first and then pass me the watch.

He then said the Black Spots was sold after I was to Pay for it. Now he had put up the watch to be sold more than a month ago - IF YOU TRY TO SEARCH FOR THAT THREAD. IT IS GONE! YOU CAN ONLY SEE THE THREAD FROM 2 WEEKS AGO - he said it was still available when I was to pay for it and then turned around and said it was GONE but he has another EXACTLY like the picture. One exactly like the picture, in a slightly better condition but still with hair line scratches like the first. He says he will sell it to me at 425 USD I relented and went ahead.

Now I bought the watch because I like the Blackspots but I had a problem with the scratches. he said, THE SCRATCHES CAN BE REMOVED BY BUFFING. By that and that THE WATCH IS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION WITH ORIGINAL BOX AND PAPERS. I bought it for 425USD and waited for it's arrival.

It arrived. There was no outer box. No biggie. No tag, no biggie. But I had to ask because he said it came with original box and papers and I would take it that it had everything because he did not write "with original box and papers, without the outer box and without tag. and by papers, I mean manual'. I would say that mislead. But no problem. I just had to make sure the hairlinecould be removed. The condition on the photos looked good There wasn't even visible hairlines. I went to the Casio Service Centre and they said it could NOT BE DONE.

A watch if we are to pay hundreds of dollars for ought to retain at least it's integrity of the face not having any scratches. he said there were and that IT CAN BE REMOVED THROUGH BUFFING BUT IT CANNOT!!!

I cannot accept that! Can you??

So I asked for a refund through Paypal. It has been declined but I will fight on. Since he is intent on you guys being the judge, be the judge.

First of all, to account I am not a scammer as you guys would think I am. I have bought a glorious gold frogman from cocobat, a Real Black from nick h, and GG again from alex lui of WUS. I have never pulled stunts. If I wanted to scam I would have with Nick with his Real Black because it costs more. All I wanted was a watch that can be compromised on other things but just no a unremovable Scratch on the face. A scratch he claimed can be removed but cannot in the end.

Now about this seller.

I said Suspect Character. Why?

1. Was going to do a cash and carry. Then he said I was minutes too late, the girlfriend just left. let's do Paypal instead.
    2. Was going to sell it to me at 395 but suddenly sold to someone else. Pay 425 instead for a similar piece.

WHEN I BEGAN TO SUSPECT HIS CHARCTER AND THAT NO2. ABOVE MIGHT HAVE BEEN A RUSE FOR ME TO PAY MORE, I ASKED FOR PAYPAL EVIDENCE FOR THAT FIRST SPOTS SALE. HE SAID THERE WERE NONE. HE WAS PAID BY CHEQUE. I SAID FINE, THEN SURELY YOU HAVE CORRESPONDENCE WITH HIM THROUGH EMAIL OR PMS THAT YOU CAN FORWARD ME

NO MENTIONED WAS EVER MADE BY HIM ABOUT THE ABOVE.

I DID NOT PURSUE.

They could be so true and coincidental, that's why I said suspect, I didnt say confirmed.

Re the integrity of the transaction and grounds for a refund.

MAIN THING,

1. He said scratch CAN be buffed out. It CANNOT!!

You mean if I tell you the engine can work after servicing when i sell you a car and when it is beyond servicing, it is ok? No grounds for return?
    Yes, you will say scratch on a face isn't the engine , maybe the functions and batteries are, I BEG TO DIFFER. One of the chief characteristics of a Frogman is it's beauty and appearance. Why would csio release so many different versions for? Why would you get a brazillian frogman and still get a carbon Frog or Dawn black?? Function is the same. It's for the Beauty of a frog. Most frog enthusiast, I GUARANTEE you will have more than 1 frog or desire more than 1 FROG. WHY?? The BEAUTY!!!

If the Beauty you tell me can be rectified and it cannot, i BELIEVE I HAVE grounds for a return and a refund!!!! MOREOVER, IF YOU GIVE ME MISLEADING INFORMATION (MORE THAN ONE AND ONCE) , DOES THAT NOT TO SOME DEGREE COME TO BEING FRAUDULENT BEHAVIOR???

SHOW ME PROOF OF THAT CORRESPONDENCE IN YOUR EMAILS OF THAT FIRST SELLER. YOU CLAIM HIS HAS HAIRLINE SCRATCHES AS WELL AND CLAIMED MY WATCH IS IN A BETTER CONDITION THAN HIS ERGO THE HIGHER COST, THEN IF MY SCRATCHES CANNOT BE REMOVED, HIS ALL THE MORE CANNOT. TELL HIM TO COME TO WUS AND CLARIFY. MAYBE WE CAN BOTH WORK ON RETURNS AND REFUNDS AND IF CANNOT, WE CAN AT LEAST CRY ON EACH OTHER'S SHOULDERS LIKE KINDRED VICTIMS.

LASTLY, YOU TOLD WUS MEMBERS THAT THE PHOTOS AND DESCRIPTION ARE BEST TO YOUR ABILITIES. BUT IF MY WATCH IS A SECOND SIMILAR WATCH, THAT MEANS IT IS NOT FROM THE ORIGINAL PHOTOS YOU POSTED. THAT MEANS YOU SHOWED WUS MEMBERS REFERENCES AND EVIDENCES THAT WERE MISLEADING AND FALSE. THE ORIGINAL PHOTOS ALREADY SHOW LESS SCRATCHES. MINE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE BETTER CONDITION . SO YOU WUS MEMBERS OUT THERE WHO SAW THE ORIGINAL AD CANNOT MAKE JUDGEMENTS BASED ON THE ORIGINAL PHOTOS HE PUT UP BECAUSE AS HE SAID, THAT WAS NOT THE WATCH HE SOLD ME. MINE'S A SECOND PIECE.

WUS, go be the judge!!!!
    I think the most sensible way forward would be for you both to wave a white flag at each other, and you to return the watch exactly as you received it plus cover the cost of postage, in return for a full refund excluding any postage costs, and the paypal dispute should be dropped by seller.
    In doing this you both have lost nothing over this, other than the cost to send and receive the watch, which has been successfully delivered so far.
    Rather than being confrontational with each other over the way matters have been either rightly or wrongly dealt with so far, try and move forward and reach an ammicable agreement like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by gloster View Post
    FrogmanFreak -- did you tell oldko the scratch could be removed?
    According to FrogmanFreak's thread, oldko merely asked about whether or not the watch had blemishes or cracks he should be aware of. FrogmanFreak supposedly replied that there were a few hairline scratches, but no cracks.
    DW-9051/2
    G-9200 Riseman
    G-9100 Gulfman
    G-9000MC-8D Mudman
    GW5600J
    GA-100A-9A

Sucks to be without a G.

Well, whatever is said, i'm pretty sure sellers must be able to give refunds, ebay or not.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information