Bluetooth Auto Time Update on GMWB5000
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Bluetooth Auto Time Update on GMWB5000

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bluetooth Auto Time Update on GMWB5000

Got a question for the forum. Since I can't receive atomic clock signals here in Singapore, that function is more or less useless when I am home.

Now this series is also supposed to be able to auto connect to my phone via Bluetooth to update the time several times a day.

However I am not seeing that happening.

What else do I need to do besides leaving Bluetooth on all the time, do I need to actually keep the Casio connect app open and running all day?
    I want to be a ONE watch guy!!

Re: Bluetooth Auto Time Update on GMWB5000

well, the watch needs something to tell it what time it is...and thats where the app comes in.
    so yea, dont auto-close it or whatever power saving feature is being done.

I have a GBD-800, the manual says that it automatically checks the time 4 times a day:

Your watch will connect with a phone at preset times each day and adjust its time settings automatically.

Using Auto Adjust
    Your watch adjusts its time setting four times a day according to a preset schedule. It performs the adjustment operation automatically as you go about your daily life, without any operation required by you.

The watch may not be able to perform auto time adjustment under the conditions described below.
    While the watch is too far away from its paired phone
    While communication is not possible due to radio interference, etc.
    While the phone is updating its system
    While G-SHOCK Connected is not running on the phone
    While a stopwatch or timer operation is in progress

The Connected app needs to be running on your phone, but not open. Obviously you won't "see" the auto check happening unless you have the app open when it does it.
    memento_mori likes this.
    A watch is for life, not just for the WRUW thread!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I would think the Ap runs as a background process once installed and configured. IE Not have to be “running” or open. Or at least should.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here: gw-5000B-1jf, 16600, 30-st-135.003 | Gone: gw-5035a-1jf,
    sbbn025, 16660, 16600 (2), 14060, 16610, 16570 polar, 16570

I've got one of these ordered...MB6 works where I live, is there really any reason to even use the app? I don't need reminders and alarms and all that business.

Quote Originally Posted by dgaddis View Post
    I've got one of these ordered...MB6 works where I live, is there really any reason to even use the app? I don't need reminders and alarms and all that business.
    the app just makes it easier to set the stuff u dont need.

i actually havent connected my 3 bluetooths to the app, just to see how accurate they are...
    so far after 3 weeks...2 are pretty much spot-on...1 has gone 5secs fast...
    so i dont think mb6 is even needed that often.

also make sure the watch is set to auto update
    the aritst formerly known as soulbridgemedia
    Whoisdisdointhissynthe tictypeofalphabetapsychedelicfunkin

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

is there any reason to use mb6 when you can take a few seconds to manually set the watch 2-3 times a year? ;)
    just another way to do things. much faster if youre changing a few settings at the same time and seeing a digital representation of your watch tick harmoniously in time with your actual watch is strangely soothing, even better with an analog model ^_^
    memento_mori likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsu Tekubi View Post
    is there any reason to use mb6 when you can take a few seconds to manually set the watch 2-3 times a year? ;)
    just another way to do things. much faster if youre changing a few settings at the same time and seeing a digital representation of your watch tick harmoniously in time with your actual watch is strangely soothing, even better with an analog model ^_^
    I just don't want the app running on my phone all the time. I'm also leery of adding any truly 'unnecessary' apps as many app developers harvest your data and sell it. I don't know that Casio would do that, but, data is a gold mine right now, it's really easy money. The ReplyAll podcast covered this topic recently, before listening to that podcast I was getting 6-10 spam calls per day, every day. I had previously assumed it was because I had my phone number on my business website for a while, tho I didn't understand how the spamers knew to spoof my 'new' area code when I moved but kept my same old number with a different area code. Anyhow, I deleted some stupid game apps off my phone and the number of calls dropped instantly.

I do get your last point tho haha, I use the ClockWave app (radio emulator) to sync my Citizen, which is a radio controlled JDM model that only works with the Japanese signal. I do it once a month or so.

Anyhow. Looking forward to getting my GMW-B5000G-1!! Ordered it from TicTac in Spain a week ago today, tracking shows it in Amsterdam. I also ordered a DLC bezel from TikTok, it's left England already. AND I've got a set of Jays and Kays adapters incoming...so it's a race to see which parts get here first haha. I sold my 5610 the day I ordered the new one, so I'm currently 'slumming it' with just the Citizen haha.

Name:  Citizen Bracelet Sunny Day2.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  1.17 MB
    GaryK30 and Tetsu Tekubi like this.

I just don't want the app running on my phone all the time. I'm also leery of adding any truly 'unnecessary' apps as many app developers harvest your data and sell it. I don't know that Casio would do that, but, data is a gold mine right now, it's really easy money. The ReplyAll podcast covered this topic recently, before listening to that podcast I was getting 6-10 spam calls per day, every day. I had previously assumed it was because I had my phone number on my business website for a while, tho I didn't understand how the spamers knew to spoof my 'new' area code when I moved but kept my same old number with a different area code. Anyhow, I deleted some stupid game apps off my phone and the number of calls dropped instantly.
    im the same, i dont have any unnecessary stuff running and i only connect to the net when i need it. its not just direct siphoning tho, those marketers/scammers can get your details off someone who has your details eg. your friend/clients contact list gets compromised, so its a bit pointless in getting too worried about your tin foil hat lol
    as for the G app, i just turn it on when i need it. Gs are pretty accurate as is so i dont see the point/need to update everyday or even every week. two taps (open app, turn on bluetooth) and one watch button press to sync the watch every couple months seems like a no brainer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information