Bought first gshock from Macy's but no box!
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Bought first gshock from Macy's but no box!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

So I purchased a GA150a-2a from a local Macy's and when I went to pick it up on the first day of the friends and family sale they just have me the watch in the tin box without the cardboard outer box. It wasn't a big deal because I thought Macy's just didn't give the box but after seeing other watches people bought from Macy's with both boxes made me a little anal. Anyone else?

Re: Bought first gshock from Macy's but no box!

This is just wrong on many levels they should have the whole kit!

I prefer to have the complete package when picking up a watch, especially a limited edition piece, not all of my G-Shocks had the complete or matching box. All of my high end models do but some of my lower models do not.
    My Collection
    Citizen: Skyhawk Blue Angels Edition
    Nixon: 51-30 Chrono
    G-Shock: DW-6900 x3, DW-6930 (Basel) x1,G-001 x1, GA-100 x2, GA-110 x16 (2 Collabs: Maharishi & Eric Haze), GD-350 x2, GDF-100 x1, GD-X6900 x2, GR-7900 x1, GW-5510 x1, GX56 x2, Riseman G-9200 x2, Mudman G-9300 x2, G-9330 (Rising Red) x1, GW-9330 (Initial Blue) x1, Frogman GF-1000 x1, Gravity Defier GW-A1000 x2, GW-A1100 x1

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

i have had a couple boxes that were the "wrong" box (not the box for the watch) but never had a G that didnt include an outer box from them

was the box missing or was the salesperson just lazy and didnt want to look for it?
    -Coi- instagram @kandyredcoi / Facebook

It seems to depend on which Macy's. One near my house did the same thing to me. Only came with the tin, but another one further away came with whole package. Another Macy's came with box but wasn't even the right box. The model number on it was completely different.
    Panerai - PAM 312
    Baume & Mercier - Capeland Chronograph M0A10000
    G-Shock GA110EH-8A Haze Limited Edition
    SeaGull - M222S

Ive only had that happen to me once and it was with an ex-display model so I knew it was missing some bits and bobs.

If I buy a new watch then it has to be complete or with a further discount.

With that kind of service I simply would not buy from Macy's ever!!!.....not that i would in any case as i'm from the UK! ;)

LUW

If there was a reasonable explanation for the absent box (like it being a display model) and/or a compensation for the lack of box, I would be ok with it.
    kandyredcoi likes this.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

This is a common Macy's problem. Happens to me too, they claim to not have room for the boxes so the throw them out. Wich for me is no biggie anymore UNLESS its a limited. My Macy's people know to hold onto all limited boxes for me.
    The worst is when some seasonal part timer gives out like a 30th anniversary tin with a normal G, then you go pick up a 30th and get the standard black tin..this happened once. Then I had to school em.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike-Eagle_1 View Post
    So I purchased a GA150a-2a from a local Macy's and when I went to pick it up on the first day of the friends and family sale they just have me the watch in the tin box without the cardboard outer box. It wasn't a big deal because I thought Macy's just didn't give the box but after seeing other watches people bought from Macy's with both boxes made me a little anal. Anyone else?
    Yep... see my post here https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/mac...-782029-2.html Of course nobody wanted to go there and talk about it. I was told by two Macy's sales-folk that they "throw the outer boxes away." So much for resale or collectibility if that matters to you.... guess you wouldn't be buying from Macy's in that case.

At least yours was only missing the box... when my wife picked up our first attempt at buying a GShock at Macy's, she came home without the manual, no hang tag, no foam insert in the tin, no warranty... just the tin with the watch from the display case thrown in there. I cut my wife some slack, she was not aware of all the trimmings.

So I went back a second time to test out there process - and you guessed it, at a different store with a different sales-person - they threw the watch in a tin from the display case and said "here ya go." I said "what about the manual, etc? They replied "I couldn't find it". I said "No thanks... and relayed my experience to the supervisor." The supervisor said "how can we make it right" I said "give me a factory new, unopened watch with all the contents." The sup said "we don't have that."

I don't know about you, whether it is GShock or anything, I don't like buying my "new" gear that way!!

Funny thing is - I did buy one GShock from Macys online - and guess what, it came factory new with box and all, never opened. I am not sure I want to chance it a second time, but there it is.
    ABC: Garmin Fenix, Suunto Core, Suunto Ambit, Suunto Ambit 2 Sapphire
    My G-Shock: G9300-1 Mudman; Son #1 G-Shock: GD100MS-1 & G7900-1 Rescue; Son #2 G-Shock: G2900F-1 & GLX5600-1
    Shared G-Shock: G9000-1 Mudman - The Workhorse
    Other: Various analogs - Victorinox, Eddie Bauer, Bulova, more....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information