Brand new atomic solar gulfman or used yellow raysman?

Thread: Brand new atomic solar gulfman or used yellow raysman?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Brand new atomic solar gulfman or used yellow raysman?

I'm trying to decide whether to get a brand new atomic solar Gulfman or a used yellow Raysman.

Gulfman : I've always wanted one but I wish it had both moon graph and solar/atomic. The watch is about 130-50 dollars right now on amazon. I know theres one on the way sometime this year but I assume it'll cost ard 300 bucks...

Raysman: Its a bad ass looking watch! I really want this. Casio doesnt make the Raysman anymore. Its yellow but I intend on dying it all black so it will look like a mean watch! Its solar so no worries about the battery but I think the calendar year goes till like 2030 only..I don't have a pic of the actual watch but the only thing I dont like about it is that it looks like its been worn and the rubber is all shiny from sun rays. The price for this used watch is 100dollars.

I can't make up my mind. Which watch should I get? I cant get both (I wish I could...). Help!

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-4.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
    Last edited by a.sasaki15; March 27th, 2010 at 09:30.
    Anthony

GW94001CR Rangeman, Seiko Astron
    SSE089 , Omega Speedmaster, Seiko Sportura ...etc.

Re: Brand new atomic solar gulfman or used yellow raysman?

Quote Originally Posted by a.sasaki15 View Post
    I'm trying to decide whether to get a brand new atomic solar Gulfman or a used yellow Raysman.

Gulfman : I've always wanted one but I wish it had both moon graph and solar/atomic. The watch is about 130-50 dollars right now on amazon. I know theres one on the way sometime this year but I assume it'll cost ard 300 bucks...

Raysman: Its a bad ass looking watch! I really want this. Casio doesnt make the Raysman anymore. Its yellow but I intend on dying it all black so it will look like a mean watch! Its solar so no worries about the battery but I think the calendar year goes till like 2030 only..I don't have a pic of the actual watch but the only thing I dont like about it is that it looks like its been worn and the rubber is all shiny from sun rays. The price for this used watch is 100dollars.

I can't make up my mind. Which watch should I get? I cant get both (I wish I could...). Help!

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-4.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
    You know better than anyone on the forum what will make you happy.

That being said, and listening to your own words, I'd get the Raysman. You really want it, and have plans to customize it to make it your own unique watch. You can probably source and replace worn parts, if need be.

This project can keep you entertained for a while, and at the end of it you have a cool, Anthony-only watch.

Meanwhile, as you're building out this Raysman, you start saving for the upcoming day/date, tidegraph Gulfman. By the time you've perfected your Raysman, perhaps you've got enough saved. At least you'd be on the way.

The present Gulfman lacks features that you want. So what's the point? You're still going to "need" the new Gulfman.

I'd be surprised if the street price on the new Gulfman is as high as 300 USD.

Best wishes with whatever you decide. There's no bad path here. All roads lead to a new G-Shock.
    /Forrest

The calendar goes to 2039. But you can set it to a previous year that has the same day/date pattern. They cycle.

Moveover, if you get 30 years of happy use out of a 100 USD investment, you've done well. Even the most frugal among us will say you can knock yourself out and buy a replacement G.
    /Forrest

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the response mate. It's a hard decision to make because the two watches are both great watches. It will def help me make up my mind. The new gulfman with the new functions will be ard 300bucks because the JPY price was somewhere between 27,000 - 30,000. I saw the price tag on it. I hope it gets released in the US with a price between 150-200.
    Anthony

GW94001CR Rangeman, Seiko Astron
    SSE089 , Omega Speedmaster, Seiko Sportura ...etc.

I say go with the Gulfman!

Quote Originally Posted by a.sasaki15 View Post
    Thanks for the response mate. It's a hard decision to make because the two watches are both great watches. It will def help me make up my mind. The new gulfman with the new functions will be ard 300bucks because the JPY price was somewhere between 27,000 - 30,000. I saw the price tag on it. I hope it gets released in the US with a price between 150-200.
    That should put the street price at 220 USD or so. You're right, if released in the US the price will drop further.

Best wishes
    /Forrest

That yellow Raysman pops! I would have to pick that bad boy up first because it will ultimately be harder to find in the future, the Gulfman is still quite available and won't be hard to find.
    Experience is what you end up with when you didn't get what you wanted.

I prefer the Gulf myself. Costco had them for $97 Canadian about 7-8 months ago and they were gone in a flash.

get neither. the raysman has no strap/bezel replacements. plus, there are plenty of black ones if you decide that route. The GW-7900B is the watch for you. about $150 US .Solar, black, atomic, moon, tide. and big like a raysman. I have the raysman and 7900. Gulfman are too thin for me. just my opinion. Mike

Atomic/Solar Gulfman. The display is worlds better than the GW-7900B's.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information