Which is the brightest EL back light?
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Sedi
  • 1 Post By casionerd
  • 1 Post By cal..45

Thread: Which is the brightest EL back light?

Question Which is the brightest EL back light?

I just bought the GD-100MS-3ER and I have to admit that I love it's stealthy red Led back light.
    But I haven't seen any G-Shock that has a brighter back light as my good old DW-6900.
    Also I miss that intense blue that had the DW-6900.
    Do you know of any g-shock with a similar back light as the DW-6900?

Brands:

Casio / Citizen / Mido / Orient / Tissot / Suunto / Seiko / Hamilton / Titan / Bucherer

Re: Which is the brightest EL back light?

Sure: DW-6600 and DW-8200 - those are the brightes EL-backlights I saw so far. DW-290 (not a G) is also pretty good and more blueish than my DW-5000SL for instance:

cheers, Sedi
    Morteza and ericng79 like this.
    Cheers
    Sedi

I'd forgotten how bright the dual illuminator back light(s) on the G-9000 Gulfman 'till I wore it to the fair last night. I reckon that's the brightest one I have.

I remember reading how the DW-6600 is very bright before, Sedi.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

So it's not the type of backlight you're talking about but if you want bright and beautiful check out the GW1500A-1AV. You can literally use it as a flashlight in really dark places. Maybe someone here has a nice illuminated pic. It's not the most attractive G but, like many women I have known, it looks so much better in the dark.
    ericng79 likes this.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by casionerd View Post
    So it's not the type of backlight you're talking about but if you want bright and beautiful check out the GW1500A-1AV. You can literally use it as a flashlight in really dark places.
    True, and because of that it is utterly useless. If I want or need a flashlight, I use one. If I want an illuminated watch watch, I don't need two LED's with the intense of a nuclear blast which give me flashblindness in the middle of the night. Besides: a blue illumination on a purple dial with a red hour hand is about as stupid as it gets. all three colours rise from the same spectrum, making the hour hand almost invisible. I had that watch for exactly two days (and nights) before I got so annoyed about it, that I decided either to smash it with a slegdehammer or sell it again. The latter won by a very slight percentage...

cheers
    rogerlike likes this.
    We are 12.6 %

My DW-5600E looks the brightest to me. It's difficult to compare the brightness of lights with different colours. Some of the newer colourful DW-6900's appear to have very bright lights: My CB-4, for example, has a yellow light, visible in all but direct sunlight. The NB-3 and NB-4 are similar. I also liked the blue panels the early EL G's had, although I understand green panels are more energy efficient, and I don't think the blue panels have been manufactured for years! I've never had a problem with an EL light being too dim to read in any condition, but then I don't go swimming in English rivers very often! I prefer my light not to blind me at night, and I think LED lighting is a major step backwards in functionality.

I found my vintage DW-002 is brighter than my Frogman, Riseman, Gulfman, Mudman and my 5600.

my 9052 is much brighter than my 8400 Mudmen or my Riseman

Thread Information