Brightness adjustment on G's - possible?

Thread: Brightness adjustment on G's - possible?

Brightness adjustment on G's - possible?

Hi,

I know there is trim cap for most G's for adjusting the speed of the watch.

I'm curious, does anyone know if there is some built in adjustment on the modules to adjust the brightness of the electro-lume? Or is it a fixed level?

I'm wondering if the brightness level can be reduced on my dw5600 for example in order to prolong battery life and reduce eye strain. Most times, all you need is a soft "glow" of light - not retina burning intensities. (I refer to cases where your eyes have adjusted to a near pitch dark environment).

Other G's like the G2900 have a much less intense EL backlight - not nearly as intense as the dw5600e backlight. The EL of the G2900 seems to me to be more comfortable to view than dw5600e EL for eyes that have adjusted for the dark.

Ghobbit

Re: Brightness adjustment on G's - possible?

I can't think of a model that has adjustable brightness. One or two have adjustable contrast.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Contrast on Casio's - cool. I think the Sunnto watches have contrast adjustment too.

But it would be cool if Casio put a variable resistor on the modules so that you could adjust brightness with a screwdriver. Naturally this would be a "case cover off" type of adjustment - like the timing adjustment.

Ghobbit

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Ghobbit View Post
    Contrast on Casio's - cool. I think the Sunnto watches have contrast adjustment too.

But it would be cool if Casio put a variable resistor on the modules so that you could adjust brightness with a screwdriver. Naturally this would be a "case cover off" type of adjustment - like the timing adjustment.

Would be a good feature but I'm not sure why it would need to be a case off adjustment? The contrast isn't.
    Current watches:

Casio GW-2000B
    Casio G-7710
    Rolex Explorer

Just thought the cheapest way would be to use a variable resistor - hence a case off adjustment.

Lcd is driven by the module so contrast can be easily adjusted. EL is like a light bulb - on or off - not run by module.
    Last edited by Ghobbit; September 14th, 2010 at 02:26.
    Ghobbit

Thread Information