"broken" g shocks

Thread: "broken" g shocks

"broken" g shocks

Whats peoples thought on buying apparent broken g shocks? By broken I mean broken modules, I'm assuming you can't buy replacement modules or do you just turn the rest of the watch over for spares? Will Casio repair damaged modules?

Re: "broken" g shocks

I wouldn't buy any watch with a broken module. If some other part was broken, I might buy it, but only after checking that a replacement part was available.

Modules aren't generally repairable, to the best of my knowledge.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

I think that it would cost more to repair the module than to replace it

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I wouldn't.
    The Search function on vBulletin forums isn't very smart. If you want to search for a complete string in the G-Shock forum, or for posts which include multiple words, use Google, and enter site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 into the search box. Then use normal google syntax after that to enter your search.

Only reason to buy broken watches is if you can get it very cheap and want the parts that aren't broken (e.g., the buttons, screws, caseback, etc). This is usually only a good value for rare or hard to find models or models where new parts are unavailable. I recently bought a hard to find watch on ebay with a chewed up band because the module was perfect and I had a source for a replacement band. I've never bought a watch with a busted module, but I could see how there may be justification for it.

Only reason I ask was cause I had my eyes on a blue gulfman not the updated shape but the one previous, the strap and bezel were mint and the owner stated he wasn't sure weather the module was busted or just needed a replacement, eventually I let it go but it played on my mind afterwards, could I have salvaged I nice watch in the cheap, it was solar do maybe an afternoon in the sun would've kickstarted it. Guess ill never know unless someone on this forum picked it up, it was on ebay after all.

Thread Information