broken lugs on gw-9400 1
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: broken lugs on gw-9400 1

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

broken lugs on gw-9400 1

hi everyone , first off this is my first post . ive used this site for years for watch info etc so firstly thakyou all very much !!!

ok since browsing the tinterweb about my rangeman gw9400-1 i came across broken lugs on the bottom of the mudule case ... mines fine i said to myself stupidly i took the watch off and low and behold i do have 2 broken lugs.
    i shouldnt of looked as now im gutted as i love this watch . came to this site for the reviews and got one and i use it every day . ill try to attach pics its just the bog standard model nothing fancy like the stunning burton wow thats a bute .... saying that i couldnt wear that i would be afraid to hurt it hahahaha

so as these have been mentioned before i have emailed casio as ive had it less than a year , i have reciept , i have registered it when i bought it ( from china )
    will they repair/replace it or will i have to glue it.. any info from other busted lug rangeman owners would be great ..

p.s
    i wear rangeman every day the bezel has worn a bit lol but the crystal is protected by mobile phone screen guard so it isnt scratched lol

again many thanks for any help

cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images

life isnt about waiting for the storm to pass
    its about learning to dance in the rain :)

Re: broken lugs on gw-9400 1

Really sorry to hear it manxcat74, I hope Casio does you right and sends you a replacement ASAP!

Starting to think I dodged a bullet by sending back the Rangeman I just received! A disheartening volume of quality control issues have recently been popping up for the GW9400 and other Master of G models that *should* be the pinnacle of G-Shock toughness. I really want to love the Rangeman and thought it could make me a "one watch" man, but I think I'll stick with my GW6900 as a beater watch and my PRW3500 as a mountain watch for awhile longer.

I am curious what current Rangeman owners will say on this thread about their lugs specifically and the build quality generally. I recall reading about the first set of busted lugs here almost two years ago and that guy (Marcho) was met with skepticism bordering on incredulity. Similar issues regarding design and build quality keep popping up though... I wonder how many people are walking around with broken lugs right now, totally oblivious because they haven't checked?

Seems the Rangeman is really only built to LOOK tough! Would you like a side of fake bezel screws with that order?

hahahaha , the thing is no matter what casio say if i have to repair it i will as i think its a very good abc watch and i use these functions everyday.but hopefully its still in warranty so i may be lucky ...
    i like the size the feel etc hence why ive ditched all my others and wear this everyday .

as you said i wonder how many other rangeman owners have spotted this thread and secretly thought i better check my lugs lol
    i was honestly gutted , first g shock went for the toughest one and ..... but hey ho

thanks for the reply
    life isnt about waiting for the storm to pass
    its about learning to dance in the rain :)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If Casio won't take care of you (and maybe even if they do) check out the ProTrek PRW3500. Pretty bomber construction, does everything the Rangeman does and more (except time memo, but few use that anyway) and doesn't have the fatal flaw of huge lugs connected to the case with tiny arms. As a bonus it looks better IMHO and takes a Nato or Zulu strap without adapters. And here I was looking to replace my PRW3500 with a Rangeman to get something "tougher"!

Seriously though, best of luck on your trip to Warranty Hell! Be sure to point them to the half dozen "busted lug" threads here on WUS.

If not mistaken, the warranty only covers (conveniently for Casio) the module and nothing else.
    Rocat likes this.

I will have a look ,i actually left protrek for gshock lol.. thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by AirWatch View Post
    If not mistaken, the warranty only covers (conveniently for Casio) the module and nothing else.
    That would not suprise me in the slightest.
    All i can do is complain untill they get sick or i do lol

I'm sorry this happened to you, OP. I owned the Rangeman twice. I sold my first one after the first broken lug incident. I sold the second one thinking that I'd overlook the lug issue, and I did, but ultimately I couldn't bond with the watch.

While rare, the lugs are a definite design flaw that Casio should be aware of by now. The Rangeman is still such a bad ass G-Shock, albeit a bad ass piece with an Achille's heel.

Good luck and I hope that you get your Rangeman repaired at no expense to you.
    ruizjaime26 likes this.
    Just your average Japanese watch fan: Casio, Citizen, Seiko

View my collection **here**

View my feedback by clicking **here**

Your friendly neighborhood enabler,

Otto

Quote Originally Posted by Ottovonn View Post
    I'm sorry this happened to you, OP. I owned the Rangeman twice. I sold my first one after the first broken lug incident. I sold the second one thinking that I'd overlook the lug issue, and I did, but ultimately I couldn't bond with the watch.

While rare, the lugs are a definite design flaw that Casio should be aware of by now. The Rangeman is still such a bad ass G-Shock, albeit a bad ass piece with an Achille's heel.

Good luck and I hope that you get your Rangeman repaired at no expense to you.
    It is a shame because its such a dam good watch . Im noticing a repeat here im guessing this is going to cost me to repair a casio design issue.
    Time will tell if i have to ill just gorilla glue it fill the entire bottom of the lug ,clean it smooth it paint it and wear it till it does die... thanks for the replies peeps i appreciate it

Ive also facebooked them with images and asking if they will repair or replace lol

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information