Browsing WUS Forums on Your Phone?

Thread: Browsing WUS Forums on Your Phone?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Question Browsing WUS Forums on Your Phone?

Anyone else find it hard to read the forums on a mobile device?

I've been working on a new way to browse the forums when not in front of a computer. I thought it might be useful for others, so PM me if you'd like to test it out.

Do you guys have any suggestions? Maybe some of the tech savvy crowd here have a better way to do it. Or is it not a good thing to be constantly connected to this forum.

Suspended

Re: Browsing WUS Forums on Your Phone?

I use my work issued Blackberry Curve. I found the default browser to be lacking and quickly downloaded a 3rd party browser "Opera Mini" that lets me view pages like I am in front of a computer. Don't really care for the "mobile view" for surfing and find the viewing the "real" web pages via Opera Mini much easier for navigating and reading. The WUS forums are just as they appear on my laptop, only smaller.

I have a non-smartphone with Verizon and have tried looking at the forums using their default browser. It leaves plenty to be desired, but I usually can see most posts ok (really slow though).
    Chris
    ---

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I browse via my BlackBerry Curve a lot. I have gotten used to it, but will have to check out Opera Mini. I've read good reviews of that software. The thing I hate most about using the BB, is that when I go to reply to a thread, it ALWAYS acts like I'm quoting previous post, and I have to go and delete the text out from that previous post.
    Caraptor

The man who buys a particular watch to feel smarter or better than other people and the man who avoids a particular watch to feel smarter or better than other people are brothers.

lvt

Text version of the forums :

https://forums.watchuseek.com/archive/index.php

However posts may contain very large images which cannot be displayed on mobile devices, sure you can disable images but it's less interesting :D
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

BlackBerry Storm 2 with Opera Mini browser is killer for this site...use it every day

Hmm. Just downloaded Opera Mini. Yes, it loads pages that look just like my computer, but not being able to see all of a page at once (width-wise) will drive me crazy. I'll just stick with the regular BB browser--it's what I'm used to.
    I bet the wider Storm screen would be perfect, though.
    Caraptor

The man who buys a particular watch to feel smarter or better than other people and the man who avoids a particular watch to feel smarter or better than other people are brothers.

other vbulletin forums i visit have actual mobile layouts (fully different pages, not just separate style sheets). they are great for legibility on my older nokia e61 but every now and then you'll notice a feature missing from the 'full' forum presentation that grates. although it's not perfect, i agree with the others that a good mobile browser is the go-to option. the new opera mini beta actually adds tabs! to think of tabbed browsing on this ancient smart phone and edge connection kind of tickles me. and ultimately i think those wanting fuller experiences will migrate to larger-screened (e.g. without a fixed keyboard) devices. but do continue with your rss / screen scrape whatever and i look forward to the public beta.
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

Works great on my iPhone in Safari.

There are a couple of specific forum apps, but I haven't tried them.

Great Topic

I'm in the market for a new smartphone now, and the usability of forums is going to be a big selling point for me. I look forward to hearing all your views!
    Current G's:
    GW-9200J-1 Riseman
    DW-004ASJ-8AT (stealthed)
    DW-9800 Wademan AR-3T ARTI
    DW-8800AJ ADMA's Full set of 5

Wish List:

G-7900 1ER - GW-7900B-1JF - GW-M5600BC -
    G-9000-8DVR Stormtrooper - GW-9100MB-1JF Gulfman - FTS-100 Forester

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information