Bull bar found!!!

Thread: Bull bar found!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bull bar found!!!

Has anyone used the Casio 10065796 bull bar on a DW5600? I found this number in an old post by Buzzbait, plugged it in and found them available. Just wanted to check before I bought them. Supposedly same as standard black, but unpainted steel. Yes?

Thanks!
    25+ Positive Posts in Watch Deals as drj126/SRHEdD. Currently rotation: Ball Fireman Racer, Oris BC3, Tissot T-Touch, Ocean7 G2-S, Nixon 42-20 Chrono, Casio G-Shock AW-591MS, and Tough Solar AMWS320-7AV.

Banned
    Brokeback Mountain, The Balkans, N. Korea, NY, The Middle East.....all the nice places on earth

Re: Bull bar found!!!

So tell us from where can I purchase a black bull bar for my DW5600E?

All I've found is a part number that works for the steel, unpainted version. I've emailed to see if they are truly in stock, or available. I'd hate to send all of us on a wild goose chase, so let me find out for sure that they're available. Then maybe we can buy them ALL as a group buy or something. But first... does it fit???
    25+ Positive Posts in Watch Deals as drj126/SRHEdD. Currently rotation: Ball Fireman Racer, Oris BC3, Tissot T-Touch, Ocean7 G2-S, Nixon 42-20 Chrono, Casio G-Shock AW-591MS, and Tough Solar AMWS320-7AV.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It fits, but differently, from what I can remember. Seamaster73 put one on a 5600E, I think. A search should find the posts and picture.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Just received email... no longer available.

We should find a vendor to MAKE them on a small run.

This may actually BE possible.

Can someone who has one from a DW5600-series take a couple of photographs of in OFF the watch on white paper with a ruler in frame? Then one on the watch front, watch back.

This might be do-able. I work for defense contractor who buys small custom parts, and makes some.

What if it was high-impact, injection molded plastic?

How do bull bars protect the crystal? If the bezel doesn't stop a small rock from hitting crystal, I don't think bull bars will either.

Someone please explain. thanks.

Bull bars mounted on a G-Shock sit above the bezel (on it, really) so they would provide an additional level of protection against flat, full-on impact. I would say they're mostly for looks, though.
    Simon

WTB - More wrists

Banned

They also reduce the impact area a little more and serve as a bit of a shock absorber. But honestly, they are more of a decorative thing. Like bull bars on most people's trucks are just for show.

Taking a photo on ruler paper would probably not give results that are precise enough. However, making a mold would work.

Till

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information